- This article is about the character. For the main game in Kirby Super Star and its remake, see Dyna Blade (main game).
Dyna Blade is a main Boss in Kirby Super Star and its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra. She appears as a beautiful, angelic bird adorned with gems, bright, colorful eyes, rainbow-hued feathers, and very sharp, steel-like claws and wings, with which she uses to attack Kirby.
- 1 Game appearances
- 2 Role in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Names in other languages
- 5 Trivia
Kirby Super Star (Ultra)
In Kirby Super Star and its remake, Dyna Blade has a main game named after her. In this game, Dyna Blade disrupts the crops by slicing them down using her wings, then making off with the harvest. After Kirby discovers this, he sets off to retrieve the stolen goods. Surprisingly, it turns out that Dyna Blade stole the food only to feed her chicks, as opposed to King Dedede's more gluttonous reasons. After Kirby helps rear her chicks, Dyna Blade befriends him, and aids him in Revenge of Meta Knight.
Dyna Blade is fought in the last stage of the Dyna Blade game, reachable after the Candy Mountain stage is cleared. She fights by swooping in from the background, striking with her beak, and attempting to grab Kirby with her talons. She can be defeated using the Recoil Stars that drop whenever she swoops near the ground or lands.
Dyna Blade is also fought in The Arena as one of the first set of randomly-fought bosses.
Kirby Air Ride
- Main article: Dyna Blade event
Dyna Blade appears in one event in City Trial mode of Kirby Air Ride. During this event, Dyna Blade will fly in and land in a pre-determined though randomly selected location within the city, with her size being comparable to the larger buildings. She will harm any racers who touch her, but can be attacked by flying into her head, which will cause her to drop items of various value, usually Patches or Food.
Dyna Blade will fly off and land in one other location given enough time. After being damaged sufficiently or a short time after her second landing, she will fly off and the event will end.
The Checklist for the game incorrectly refers to Dyna Blade as a male.
Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
- Main article: Dyna Blade's Nest (Kirby Fighters Deluxe)
In the Sub-Game spin-off Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Dyna Blade appears on a stage themed after her nest and attacks the combatant Kirbys with similar moves to her appearance in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra. Instead of being rendered in 3-D, her appearance is directly taken from her in-game sprite from Kirby Super Star Ultra.
Kirby Star Allies
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Dyna Blade appears as a trophy and sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Dyna Blade sticker can be equipped in The Subspace Emissary to increase launch resistance by 46 points, though it is only effective when playing as Kirby, King Dedede, or Meta Knight.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Dyna Blade appears as a spirit in this game. She can only be obtained by summoning her using cores from other bird-like spirits. She is a legend class spirit with two support slots and grants the paired fighter increased jump height.
Role in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Main article: Dyna Blade (anime)
Unlike most characters, she makes almost every appearance in 3D, with her specific character model being updated in later episodes. Dyna Blade is shown to be a legendary bird with metal wings and feathers, which explains why "blade" is in her name. She is said to be seen every 100 years.
In her first appearance, King Dedede tricks Kirby into eating Dyna Blade's egg, which causes her to wreck havoc upon Cappy Town. However, it is found that Dyna Blade's baby had already hatched, and she forgives Kirby. After that she makes two cameos.
Kirby Super Star Ultra artwork
Names in other languages
Jùdà Fēng Yì Niǎo
|Gigantic Edge-Winged Bird|
Jùdà Fēng Yì Niǎo
- Dyna Blade's battle theme in Kirby Super Star Ultra, as well as that of Wham Bam Rock, is a remix of Castle Lololo's theme from Kirby's Dream Land, which is also used as Dyna Blade's theme in Kirby Air Ride.
- In Kirby Super Star and Ultra, using the Jet ability's 'Rocket Dive' on Dyna Blade at proper timing can instantly defeat her with all three hits connected (rise, drop, Recoil Star rebound).
- In Kirby's (Extra) Epic Yarn, the character Hot Wings strongly resembles Dyna Blade.
- Dyna Blade has a similar appearance to Ho-Oh, from the Pokémon series, because of her rainbow wings, and warm colors.