Waddle Dee Town
Waddle Dee Town is a small settlement in the world of Kirby and the Forgotten Land which - as its name suggests - is home to many Waddle Dees. These Waddle Dees populate the town as Kirby rescues them from the Beast Pack, and the town grows in size and complexity as more are saved. The town itself serves as a hub area and rest stop for Kirby to visit in-between playing through regular stages, and Kirby has access to a number of Sub-Games and other side activities while he is here. The town also serves as the equivalent to main menus in older Kirby games, since the equivalent of the Theater, Jukebox, and boss endurance modes are found here, and the Extra Mode - Isolated Isles: Forgo Dreams - is also accessible from here when the main game is completed.
Waddle Dee Town is initially found in a ruined state when Kirby reaches it at the end of Point of Arrival. After rescuing Elfilin from a cage, he explains that he fought hard with the Waddle Dees against the Beast Pack but that eventually all of the Waddle Dees were captured. As Kirby rescues more Waddle Dees, the town gradually becomes livelier as they rebuild everything, and then add more things on top of it. At its maximum size, it is home to 300 Waddle Dees, and other characters, namely King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Clawroline, can be found there as well by the end of the game.
The following distinct building and other locations are present in Waddle Dee Town:
|Wondaria Remains.Complete the level||A large brick colosseum which acts as the Kirby and the Forgotten Land equivalent to The Arena. There are up to three different "cups" to choose from.||The Colosseum goes through a couple visual upgrades as each new cup is unlocked.|
|Save 155 Waddle Dees.||A small fishing hole where Kirby can play the Sub-Game Flash Fishing.|
|Save 180 Waddle Dees.||A tarp-top game stand where Kirby can play Tilt-and-Roll Kirby.|
|Natural Plains.Complete the level||A small corner between houses where Kirby can purchase figures from up to four machines, each representing a different volume.|
|Save 50 Waddle Dees.||A replica of Kirby's house from Dream Land in which Kirby can rest to recover health, read a book containing info about past Kirby games, or view photos of his in-game achievements. He can also place up to three figures on the fireplace. Before Kirby's House is unlocked, a Maxim Tomato will appear in town instead.||Kirby's House can also be entered through the chimney.|
|Available at start.||The central area of town, where Kirby can access the World Map via Warp Star. Later on, Wise Waddle Dee shows up to give Kirby information and advice on how to find blueprints.||The plaza goes through a couple visual upgrades as the town increases in population.|
|Wondaria Remains.Complete the level||A large brick tower with a good view of town up top and a ladder to get up there. After completing Lab Discovera, this tower serves as the access point for Isolated Isles: Forgo Dreams.|
|Save 60 Waddle Dees.||A restaurant where Kirby can order four different food items that he can eat there or carry with him to use later. He can also work as staff in the Waddle Dee Café: Help Wanted! sub-game.|
|Downtown Grassland.Complete the stage||A small movie theater where Kirby can watch cutscenes the player has seen or view the credits.||Acts as the equivalent of the Theater from other Kirby games.|
|Save 50 Waddle Dees.||A small post office where Kirby can enter Present Codes to get rewards.|
|Save 145 Waddle Dees.||A small shop where Kirby can buy three different power-up items.|
|Natural Plains.Complete the level||A large building where Kirby can go to purchase Evolved Copy Abilities and test his abilities out on Mr. Sandbag.|
|Lab Discovera.Complete||A stage where a band of four Waddle Dees play music on request. Kirby can tip them Star Coins to upgrade their stage twice, allowing them to play more music each time.||Acts as the equivalent of the Jukebox from other Kirby games.|
In addition to the regular Waddle Dees, Waddle Dee Town is home to the following distinct characters:
- Bandana Waddle Dee - When not adventuring with Kirby, Bandana Waddle Dee can be found in a reclining chair atop one of the houses, and gives small talk when interacted with.
- Café-Manager Waddle Dee - Stands to the side of the Waddle Dee Café and offers Kirby a job as a part time server.
- Café-Staff Waddle Dee - Mans the Waddle Dee Café and serves food to Kirby and his team on request.
- Clawroline - Appears after the main game. Speaking to her initiates the extra game.
- Commentator Waddle Dee - Acts as check-in for the Colosseum and commentates on the matches as they progress.
- Delivery Waddle Dee - Mans Waddle Dee-liveries, taking Present Codes from Kirby.
- Game-Shop Waddle Dee - Mans the Game Parlor and sets up the boards for Tilt-and-Roll Kirby.
- Item-Shop Waddle Dee - Mans Waddle Dee's Item Shop.
- King Dedede - Appears in town after the main game is completed. Cannot be directly spoken to.
- Meta Knight - Jumps into the Colosseum once it has been built. Once The Ultimate Cup is unlocked, he perches on top of the Colosseum. When perched, he cannot be directly interacted with, but Elfilin will comment on his role in protecting the town.
- Minion Waddle Dee - One of King Dedede's servants, who speaks on behalf of the King.
- The Deedly Dees - The four-person band of Waddle Dees who play at Waddle Live! Corner Stage.
- Trader Waddle Dee - Appears in Gotcha Machine Alley late in the game and offers to trade a figure that Kirby doesn't have yet for a Rare Stone.
- Usher Waddle Dee - Mans the Waddle Dee Cinema and checks Kirby in.
- Weapons-Shop Waddle Dee - Mans Waddle Dee's Weapons Shop, and evolves Kirby's Copy Abilities when he has the appropriate blueprint and payment.
- Wise Waddle Dee - Appears in the main plaza sitting on a bench, and gives Kirby information about game statistics or hints to obtaining blueprints if needed.
Waddle Dee Town in its initial ruined state, as seen in Point of Arrival
Nintendo Switch Online profile icon background, depicting Waddle Dee Town
The "Afternoon tea of Waddle Dee town" Kirby Café dish
Names in other languages
Wadorudi no machi
|Waddle Dee Town|
|Waddle Dee Town|
|Dutch||Waddle Dee-dorp||Waddle Dee village|
|French||Village Waddle Dee||Waddle Dee Town|
|Italian||Città di Waddle Dee||Waddle Dee Town|
|Korean||웨이들 디 마을
Weideul Di Maeul
|Waddle Dee Town|
|Spanish||Ciudad de los Waddle Dees||Town of the Waddle Dees|
|Thai||Waddle Dee Town