Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Kirby Fighters Deluxe is a Kirby spin-off game for the Nintendo 3DS. It is based off of Kirby Fighters, a Sub-Game in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. It was released in tandem with Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, in 2014 in Japan and North America, and in 2015 for Europe and Australia.
- 1 Copy Abilities
- 2 Differences from Kirby Fighters
- 3 Single Player Mode
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Names in other languages
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
The following abilities are on offer for the fighters:
These two abilities are also available if the player has StreetPass data for Kirby: Triple Deluxe on their 3DS system.
Differences from Kirby Fighters
Changes to Single Player Mode
- There are now Team Battles in which Kirby fights with a partner.
- Kracko is fought as a Boss in Round 5, who previously only appears as the Bubbly Clouds stage hazard enemy in Kirby Fighters.
- The Final Round, rather than being against Shadow Kirby, is instead a battle in which Kirby fights Team DDD (the number varies in difficulty levels): King Dedede with multiple pink Mini Dededes and two medium-sized orange Combo Dededes.
- The Another Dimension stage no longer appears as well.
Alternate Costumes called Rare Outfits are added for each Copy Ability.
Rare Outfits are unlocked when completing Single Player Mode with the respective ability. They can be selected by pressing X in the ability menu.
When any Rare Outfits are unlocked, they may also appear on CPU Kirbys.
Rare Outfits don't change any aspects of the ability in core gameplay such Kirby's stamina and hitbox, or ability attack's damage and hitbox.
|Rare Outfits for each Copy Ability in Kirby Fighters Deluxe|
|Copy Ability||Costume of Rare Outfit||Weapon of Rare Outfit|
|Sword||Blade Knight's helmet||Blade Knight's sword|
|Cutter||Sir Kibble's helmet||Sir Kibble's cutter blade|
|Beam||Marx's hat||Beam staff with a purple orb|
|Parasol||-||Traditional oil-paper umbrella|
|Hammer||Black-yellow striped headband||Metal hammer with metal hitting sound on impact|
|Bomb||Purple-orange patterned party hat||Pink bombs with heart patterns|
|Whip||Black cowboy hat||Whip with a blue handle|
|Archer||Green Robin Hood hat||White bow with a purple star|
|Fighter||Knuckle Joe's headband||-|
|Ninja||White ninja outfit||Same katana|
|Beetle||Hat of Hydra from Kirby Air Ride||Horn of Hydra hat|
|Bell||Hat of bianzhong (ancient Chinese bronze bell)||Two bianzhong bells with the bianzhong sound too|
Team Battles are introduced in both Single Player and Multiplayer Mode.
Besides firing small energy shots when held by one Kirby, Team Cannon can allow Kirbys, provided that they are on the same team, to stack on top of each other to shoot a large beam of energy, which deals a large sum of damage. Larger amounts of Kirbys result in a more powerful beam.
Team Cannon's charge beam attack doesn't stop the timer in Single Player Mode even though everything else becomes still apart from the Team Cannon Kirbys.
Shadow Kirby Color
Despite his removal as a boss, Shadow Kirby still appears in the game, and is now playable. Upon clearing Single Player on Very Hard for the first time, the player is given the option to select Shadow Kirby as a Kirby color in the other modes. This also causes him to appear on the title screen.
Single Player Mode
The following lists the possible stages to appear in each round of Single Player Mode.
|Stage Appearances in Kirby Fighters Deluxe Single Player Mode|
Vs. 1 Kirby
Vs. 1 Kirby
Vs. 2 Kirbys
Vs. 2 Kirbys
Vs. 2 Kirbys
Vs. 2 Kirbys
Vs. 3 Kirbys
Vs. Team DDD
|Stage||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4||Round 5||Round 6||Round 7||Round 8||Final Round|
|Springy Hand Land|
|Waddle Dee Train Tracks|
|Dyna Blade's Nest|
|Fountain of Dreams|
|Stage appearances are based on observations.|
Final Round: Team DDD
- Main article: Team DDD
The final battle is against King Dedede and his group of clones made by the Star Rod Hammer Dedede Custom at the Fountain of Dreams. First, the player has to battle all of the Mini Dededes, who after jumping in from the background, are defeated in one hit, so they don't pose much of a threat. After that, Dedede and his two orange Combo Dededes appear to battle Kirby. Once the Combo Dededes are defeated, King Dedede grows over twice his normal size and attacks Kirby. Once he is defeated, the player unlocks a rare outfit for their current copy ability (if they don't already have it).
- Main article: Kirby Fighters Deluxe/gallery
Names in other languages
Kābī Faitāzu Zetto
|Kirby Fighters Z|
- The part of Team DDD battle where Kirby fights against Mini Dededes may be a reference to the Multi-Man mode in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- The souped-up hammer that King Dedede uses in the final fight is officially known as the "Star Rod Hammer Dedede Custom".
- During the fight with Team DDD on Very Hard difficulty, a new theme plays during the second phase, called History of Dedede.
- This game and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe are the only two Kirby games that came out on the same day in the same year.