From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
|It's Kirby Time: Take Courage
Cover art for It's Kirby Time: Take Courage
|March 27th, 2020
|April 28th, 2022
|Legend has it that one bite of the mysterious heart fruit will fill your heart with courage. Wishing to try it for himself, Kirby sets out on a journey to do just that. However, he'll have to face many trials and hardships in his quest to find this legendary fruit. Join Kirby for his travels and see where this adventure takes you!
— Official English YouTube adaptation description
It's Kirby Time: Take Courage is the third book of the It's Kirby Time series. It was published by Shogakukan in Japan on March 27th, 2020. A video adaptation was released on April 28th, 2022, available in several languages.
In this story, Kirby searches far and wide for a special fruit called the "heart fruit" that is said to instill courage in whoever eats it. Kirby eventually finds it after much hardship, but takes it home instead of eating it right away. On his way back, he sees a Waddle Dee fearing crossing a narrow log bridge, and decides to give the fruit to him instead.
Kirby finds out about the heart fruit, which is said to give whoever eats it courage from a single bite. In hopes to find and taste the fruit, he sets off on a journey. He travels through a desert in a sandstorm, a marshy river, and more, and perseveres even when he is lost or tired. As he traverses an icy landscape, he wonders if the heart fruit is warm and toasty, while at a volcano, he wonders if it's chilly and refreshing. Eventually, he finds it at the top of a mountain. He decides to bring it home to enjoy in a special spot. Kirby settles under a tree and is about to eat it when he notices a weary traveler Waddle Dee who is too scared and tired to head forward. Kirby offers the fruit, giving the traveler courage.
- Many characters, objects and locations make cameo appearances throughtout Kirby's journey:
- The area where the adventure begins and ends has elements from Green Gardens.
- In the desert (which bears resemblance to Raisin Ruins), there are two Cappies (one of which loses its cap) and a Gordo, as well as a Star Block.
- As Kirby traverses the marshy river, three different-colored Squeakers watch him, and one of them is guarding a Treasure Chest.
- In the icy landscape, ice blocks containing Waddle Doo, Shotzo, a Point Star, Invincible Candy and even a Goal Door can be seen. Additionally, Mr. Frosty and a group of Pengis appear in the background.
- At the volcano, Dyna Blade's contours can be seen in the sky.
- In the video adaptation, the illustrator is erroneously credited as Hyogonsuke. The video's description correctly spells Hyogonosuke.
Names in other languages
Yūki o kimi ni
|Courage to you
|Vol goede moed
|In good spirits
|Give you courage
|Latin American Spanish