Fololo & Falala
- This article is about the characters from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. For their appearance in the video game series, see Lololo & Lalala.
|“||"That's okay! We may have two bodies—" "—But we got one heart!"||”|
— Fololo & Falala, The Fofa Factor
Fololo & Falala are characters from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. They reside in Castle Dedede alongside the family of Sir Ebrum, Lady Like, Tiff, and Tuff, and help with housework. They are small flying tear-drop shaped creatures who appear to be twins who never leave each-others' company, and whose origin is not revealed until the episode The Fofa Factor, where they are shown to have originated from a monster named Fofa. Despite the classification, Fololo and Falala are not hostile, and no longer have any affiliation with Night Mare Enterprises.
Due to their nature and origin, Fololo & Falala both have largely the same personality. They are always willing to help Kirby, Tiff, and her family whenever possible, often serving as scouts or lookouts due to their abilities. They can also sometimes be seen assisting the people of Cappy Town, including serving food at Kawasaki's. Although their ages are not clear, Fololo & Falala affiliate with the children of Dream Land. Despite their size and relative inability to fight, Fololo & Falala are quite brave and headstrong, and will gladly venture into danger in order to protect somebody else. They are also relatively smart, and often collaborate with Tiff on ideas and suggestions.
Fololo & Falala typically refuse to split up, despite being completely separate physically. This is due to their origin as the single entity of Fofa, which they have no memory of. In The Fofa Factor, they are given the opportunity to reunite into a single creature again, but give it up in order to restore a similarly-divided Kirby to his whole self instead.
- Kirby - Fololo & Falala have a very amicable relationship with Kirby, and appear to have taken on this like of him almost straight away. Kirby in turn enjoys their company, and can sometimes be seen flying around with them.
- Tiff and her family - Fololo & Falala serve officially as servants to Tiff and her family and have done so since Tiff was a baby. In return for their obligation, Fololo & Falala are treated as part of the family, and share the same living space as them.
- King Dedede and Escargoon - Fololo & Falala do not hide their disdain for King Dedede and Escargoon, despite officially serving under them. Escargoon however sometimes recruits them to help him with his revenge schemes against King Dedede.
Role in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
Fololo & Falala have an overall incidental and lopsided presence in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. Whenever they are available, they will do whatever they can to help Tiff and Kirby, as they personally have no fondness whatsoever of King Dedede. They often help by using their power of flight to scout around for their friends, or help carry things. They are not so great for fighting, however, but they show a considerable amount of bravery despite this fact. Their most stand-out roles include their defiance of Slice n' Splice in The Fofa Factor, their accompaniment of Kirby, Tiff, and Tuff in Island of the Lost Warrior, and their accompaniment of Tuff in Flower Power. As the show progresses, Fololo & Falala appear less and less often overall. Notably, in the episode Cappy Town Down, they are seen pledging to come with Meta Knight and his crew aboard the Halberd to attack eNeMeE's Fortress, but despite this, and even being on board when the Halberd first rises into the air, they ultimately are not present in the crew after this point for reasons unknown, possibly as a result of a continuity error on part of the show's developers.
- Main article: Fololo & Falala/filmography
Fololo & Falala appear in just over half of episodes in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, though their role is often incidental. They have an overall larger presence in the first half of the show's episodes than the second half. For a full list of Fololo & Falala's episode appearances along with details of their role in each one, see their filmography page.
- In the Japanese version of the show, Fololo & Falala's flying is often signified by a falling-pitch whistle-like sound effect, reminiscent of the generic sound used for something falling in a cartoon, though somewhat gentler.
Height comparison of principal characters (Kirby alongside the court of Castle Dedede)
Fofa, the original creature who was split into Fololo & Falala in The Fofa Factor
Fololo & Falala tending to the split Kirby in The Fofa Factor
Fololo & Falala bickering with Tuff over who should carry Kirby
Fololo & Falala surveying the deserted island they have found themselves on
Names in other languages
rororo ando rarara
|Lololo & Lalala|
Luóluó yǔ Lālā
|Lolo and Lala|
|Korean||로로, 라라 (in dialogue)
로로로와 라라라 (in credits and tie-in books)
Lololo and Lalala
|Brazilian Portuguese||Fololô e Falalá
Fululú e Falalá (Kirby e seus poderes! DVD description)
|Fololo and Falala|
Fululu and Falala