Butter Building (Battle Stage)
- This article is about the Battle Stage. For the area in a more general context, see Butter Building.
Butter Building is a Battle Stage which appears in Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Kirby Fighters 2. It is a double-decked spinning stage that takes its setting and appearance from Butter Building - Stage 3 in Kirby's Adventure.
The layout of Butter Building consists of a large flat floor below and a long singular thin floor high above the ground, which cannot be reached with a single jump under normal circumstances. On regular intervals, the entire stage spins either left or right, dragging fighters and items along with it as it does so. At regular intervals, enemies from Kirby's Adventure show up to harass the fighters, as follows:
- A Laser Ball can fly in from either the left or right, and fire three laser blasts along the top or bottom platform.
- Two Starmen come walking in from the left or right and start leaping up and down the platforms.
- Three Bronto Burts come flying in from either the left or right in a wavy pattern across the top or bottom floor.
- UFO Kirby comes flying in to drop a food item on the top or bottom platform. If he is attacked before dropping the food, he will drop a primed Bomber that explodes immediately instead.
Colliding with any of these enemies or their attacks deals 12 damage. All enemies can be defeated with a single hit or by colliding with them.
The aesthetic of the stage matches the graphical style of the original stage in Kirby's Adventure, though it is significantly improved when it comes to visual fidelity and the impression of depth that it gives to the tower.
In Kirby Fighters 2, it is possible to toggle on or off the hazards for this stage in regular battles. When hazards are off, the stage will not spin, and enemies will not appear.
In Kirby Fighters 2, Butter Building is unlocked upon attaining Fighters Rank level 35. The secret song for the stage is unlocked at a Fighters Rank of 74.
- Main article: Butter Building - Stage 3
Butter Building takes its aesthetic and main theme music from Butter Building - Stage 3 in Kirby's Adventure. Specifically, it comes from the point in the stage where Kirby has to walk along a tower segment that spins as he moves, leaving him in place for a while as enemies come in to harass him. This specific spinning tower would not appear in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, instead being replaced by a tower that gradually fades into view.
Names in other languages
nǎi yóu jiàn zhù wù
|French||Tour de Beurre||Butter Tower|
|German||Buttertürmchen||Butter tower (-chen is used to signal the diminutive form)|
|Italian||Palazzo di burro||Butter Palace|
|Spanish||Edificio de mantequilla||Butter Building|