Energy Drinks are common items in the Kirby games, whose primary purpose is to restore lost vitality. The amount of stamina restored varies from game to game, but the amount is usually one third of Kirby's maximum health. This particular food item has become an icon in the series. The energy drink serves a dual purpose in Canvas Curse's sub-games, Block Attack and Cart Run. In addition to providing a vitality boost, the bottles also award Kirby with points, which help his overall score. The other Sub-Game of Canvas Curse, Paint Panic features a connect-the-dots puzzle image of the iconic item. In Kirby: Squeak Squad, in addition to normally appearing in some levels, Energy Drinks can be created if two Cherry bubbles are mixed.
Throughout the series, Energy Drinks are also known by the following names:
- Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble refers to Power Drinks that only restore one vitality point.
- In Kirby's Dream Land, its name is a Pep Brew.
- In Kirby's Adventure, it is called Pep Drink.
- In Kirby's Dream Land 2, it is a Health Drink.
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror sprite
In-game model from Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Artwork from Kirby Star Allies
Names in other languages
- "This item replenishes some of Kirby's vitality" —Canvas Curse manual (page17)
- "Power Drink. Restores one vitality point." —Tilt 'n' Tumble manual (page19)
- "If I get my hands on this bottle of super energy brew, I'll recover 2 bars of vitality" —Kirby's Dream Land manual (page 15)
- "Pep Drinks: Though not as potent as tomatoes, this drink nevertheless restores Kirby's strength a little." —Kirby's Adventure manual (page 26)
- "Health Drink: Partially refills life meter" —Kirby's Dream Land 2 manual (page 21)