Energy Drinks, also known as Peppy Tonics, Power Drinks, Health Drinks, Pep Drinks, and Pep Brews, are common items in the Kirby games. Their primary purpose is to restore lost vitality. The amount of stamina restored varies from game to game, but the amount is usually one third of Kirby's maximum health. This particular food item has become an icon in the series. The energy drink serves a dual purpose in Kirby: Canvas Curse's sub-games, Block Attack and Cart Run. In addition to providing a vitality boost, the bottles also award Kirby with points, which help his overall score. The other Sub-Game of Canvas Curse, Paint Panic features a connect-the-dots puzzle image of the iconic item. In Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, Power Drinks only restore one vitality point. In Kirby: Squeak Squad, in addition to normally appearing in some levels, Energy Drinks can be created if two Cherry bubbles are mixed.
In the Kirby Fighters games, Energy Drinks restore 60 HP in standard battles. They also appear as distinct story items in Story Mode: The Destined Rivals, where they restore 50% health to Kirby and his buddy.
Kirby's Dream Land
- Instruction manual bio (page 19): "If I get my hands on this bottle of super energy brew, I'll recover 2 bars of vitality."
- Instruction manual bio (page 26): "Though not as potent as tomatoes, this drink nevertheless restores Kirby's strength a little."
Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Instruction manual bio (page 21): "Partially refills life meter."
- 3DS Virtual Console manual bio: "Partially refills your life meter."
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
- Instruction manual bio (page 19): "Power Drink. Restores one vitality point."
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Instruction manual bio (page 22): "Kirby recovers two vitality points when he drinks this refreshing soda."
Kirby Air Ride
- North American instruction booklet bio (page 27): "Restores some damage[sic]."
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Instruction manual bio (page 27): "Restores some of Kirby's vitality."
Kirby: Canvas Curse
- Instruction manual bio (page 17): "This item replenishes some of Kirby's vitality."
Kirby: Squeak Squad
- Instruction manual bio (page 23): "This restores a portion of Kirby’s life gauge."
Names in other languages
- Kirby: Squeak Squad manual (page 23)
- Kirby: Canvas Curse manual (page 17)
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror manual (page 27)
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land manual (page 22)
- Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble manual (page 19)
- Kirby's Dream Land 2 manual (page 21)
- Kirby's Adventure manual (page 26)
- Kirby's Dream Land manual (page 15)