It's easy—just head on over to our Help & Policy section and then find a page to get started.
Not sure where to begin? Check out our maintenance page. If you have any additional questions, contact an administrator+.
Please keep in mind that in order to create new pages (including your user page) and upload files, you must create an account, wait one day, and make 5 edits to pages first. Doing this will also allow you to edit without being moderated!
Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Kirby's Epic Yarn is a sidescrolling 2-D platformer and a spin-off game in the Kirby series, developed primarily by Good-Feel. Despite being in the same genre, the game departs from the main Kirby series in several key ways, chief of which being the setting, art style, and Kirby's move-set: instead of inhaling enemies to gain their powers, Kirby uses a Yarn Whip to unravel his foes or wrap them up into projectiles. As implied by the title, the game is centered around a yarn and fabric aesthetic, and the setting, story, and stage gimmicks play heavily off this theme, from Kirby interacting with buttons, patches, and threads to reshaping himself and other characters by various means.
Another key aspect of Kirby's Epic Yarn is its accessibility and ease of play. Unlike most other platformers, it is not possible for the player to lose the game, with damage to Kirby and his second-player companion Prince Fluff being punished only by losing beads instead of actually having a health meter or extra life counter. As such, the only real difficulty the game presents is entirely to the player's discretion, taking the form of earning medals in stages by completing them with more beads, or by grabbing all of the optional collectibles. These collectibles include pieces of music that can be listened to in a separate area of the game and pieces of furniture and fabric which can be used to decorate an apartment given to Kirby in the game's world of Patch Land.
Originally beginning as a non-Kirby game, Kirby's Epic Yarn would eventually gain the pink puffball as its main character and be shown at E3 2010, to much critical acclaim. The game was subsequently released for the Wii later that same year in Japan and North America and in 2011 in other regions; this game would also be the first game in the Kirby series to be officially localized into Canadian French and Latin American Spanish for the North American market. Kirby's Epic Yarn would later be ported to the Wii U as a downloadable eShop title in 2015 and 2016. In 2019, the game received an enhanced port for the Nintendo 3DS, titled Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn.
- ...despite his promise to have his revenge in Ninja Binge, the evil ninja Yamikage is never seen or heard from again?
- ...the King Dedede Doodle sticker in Kirby: Planet Robobot depicts him with a star on his hat, referencing "Dedede-man" in the anime episode Cartoon Buffoon?
- ...Kirby has a strong affiliation with birds in general, with notable bird allies including Dyna Blade, Coo, Pitch, and Big Birdee?
- ...the official Kirby Twitter account's commemorative illustrations are drawn by Adeleine?
- ...Factory Tour, the fourth stage of Shiver Star, is the only stage in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards with its own distinct name?
- March 25th, 2023 - WiKirby just reached 4,000 articles, with Road to Victory being the 4,000th one! Thanks for your continued support; WiKirby wouldn't be here today without you all! Let's celebrate with a delicious picnic!
- March 16th, 2023 - Heads up, WiKirbians! Just a friendly reminder that on March 27th, 2023, Nintendo plans to completely shut down the eShops for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. There were a lot of great Kirby games on offer for both of those devices, whether made for the systems or on Virtual Console, so if you were looking to get your hands on any of those games, now would be the time to do it. Don't let the chance to legally own and play Kirby's Blowout Blast slip you by for the rest of eternity! That would be a darned shame...
- March 2nd, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Kovopedia, the go-to encyclopedia about the wonderous world of Magical Vacation, has swung down from the stars and made its place in the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Visit them to rejuvenate your spirit!
- February 8th, 2023 - Prepare to bow, WiKirby! Welcome your new overlord! In today's Nintendo Direct, a new Extra Game for Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe was revealed, called Magolor Epilogue: The Interdimensional Traveler! In it, you will play as Magolor and regain his lost powers in order to return home. In addition, a number of classic Kirby games were announced to appear with the new Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy/Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance services. Lastly, a demo of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is set to release later today!
- February 8th, 2023 - The Russian wiki referendum has concluded! Russian WiKirby will proceed in the same webspace as English WiKirby! We look forward to their first articles!
- January 24th, 2023 - Эй, Эй, Эй! There's a referendum going on about potentially adding a Russian language version of WiKirby! Please go to the referendum page and vote on it in the corresponding talk page before the end of February 7th, 2023! Also, it's WiKirby's 13th anniversary! Let's celebrate with a Car-Mouth Cake!
- January 19th, 2023 - New NIWA Member: Take heart! Kingdom Hearts Wiki has formally entered the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Be sure to visit if you wish to unlock the secrets of the franchise!
- January 11th, 2023 - Heads up, Dream Landers! There's been a tidal wave of new information about the upcoming Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, including a new Copy Ability called Sand and the return of Festival! Other new information includes more sub-games and a new area called Merry Magoland. All this information is being added to the wiki as quickly as we can!
Submit more Kirby related videos here
NIWA is a family of open-content encyclopedias based on Nintendo franchises, vowing to be now and forever independent!
Other Nintendo franchise wikis are welcome; please visit the NIWA website for more information!
NIWA also has a Discord server that you can join by clicking here.
- - Kingdom Hearts Wiki
- - Kovopedia
- - Lylat Wiki
- - Metroid Wiki
- - NintendoWiki
- - Nookipedia
- - Pikipedia
- - Pikmin Fanon
- - SmashWiki
- - Starfy Wiki
- - StrategyWiki
- - Super Mario Wiki
- - Ukikipedia
- - Wapopedia
- - Wars Wiki
- - WikiBound
- - Xeno Series Wiki
- - Zelda Wiki
- - Mozilla Firefox is WiKirby's recommended web browser. It allows you to download extensions which can make your wiki experience much more efficient. Download the latest version here.
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a highly useful image editing software. It may seem complex at first, but it is a robust toolkit that allows you to clean and crop images like a pro. Download the latest version here.
- - Paint.NET is another very useful image editing software with features similar to GIMP, though not quite as bulky or dense. Paint.NET runs very quickly, and lets you get images cropped or otherwise fixed up in seconds. Download the latest version here.
- PNGGauntlet for Windows, ImageOptim for Mac, and Trimage for Linux are programs that allow you to convert and optimize images with ease. This saves space on the wiki and makes things easier for other editors. See more details at their respective web links.
- - Discord is a free, real-time chat service. WiKirby has its own Discord server which is used by our editors to communicate with each other, and for users to talk and share news, Kirby-related or otherwise. You can join by following this link: Shiver Star - WiKirby Discord. Please note that our Discord server has its own rules and policies; more information can be found here.