- This article is about the character as it is portrayed in the story. For the boss, see Galactic Nova Nucleus.
|I WILL GRANT YOU ONE WISH... ->|
— Galactic Nova in Milky Way Wishes, Kirby Super Star Ultra
Galactic Nova (commonly referred to as Nova; also called Nova, the Galactic Comet) is a character and ancient relic that appears in Kirby Super Star and its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra, being found in the Milky Way Wishes game and in Meta Knightmare Ultra. Nova can be described as a giant golden pocket watch with all manner of other implements and crude modifications attached to it. The 'face' of the watch resembles a stylized cat's face with no nose. Nova is said to be capable of granting wishes, though Kirby is ultimately tasked with destroying it when it attempts to aid Marx in the domination of Pop Star.
There are several objects around the surface of Nova, in clockwise order:
- Drafting compasses
- Halogen lamps
- Pocket watch
- Set square
- Piano keys
- Measuring instrument
- Light bulb
Although these components were not used by Nova itself during the story of Kirby Super Star (Ultra), its counterpart, Star Dream from Kirby: Planet Robobot does utilize many of them as attacks in its boss battle when it enters phase 3.
Kirby Super Star
Nova first appears in Kirby Super Star, playing a major role in the Milky Way Wishes game. During Milky Way Wishes, the sun and moon are fighting each other. Kirby is told by Marx that he must find Nova and wish on it to end the conflict.
When Kirby finds the stars on each of the planets, he summons Nova. However, before he can grant a wish, Marx appears, knocking Kirby away and wishing to rule Pop Star. Nova flies away to grants his request, while Kirby, who is given the Starship, attempts to stop the giant comet. Kirby flies into Nova's heart and destroys it, halting the entity and preventing it from granting Marx's wish.
After Kirby manages to beat Marx, Marx is shown flying into Nova, causing it to explode.
Kirby Super Star Ultra
In Kirby Super Star Ultra, Nova is also known as Galactic Nova and has an expanded role. Near the end of Meta Knightmare Ultra, after Meta Knight gathers the stars, Nova appears to him by reassembling himself; his appearance shows him to have sustained damage. Meta Knight's wish is to fight the greatest warrior in the galaxy. In compliance, Nova summons Galacta Knight, a warrior so powerful he was sealed away due to his immense power being a threat. Additionally, at the end of The True Arena, it is revealed that after Nova (and Marx) explode, the remaining power from Nova began to build up and was absorbed by Marx, who brought back his evil soul as Marx Soul.
Kirby 3D Rumble
In Kirby 3D Rumble the sub-game from Kirby: Planet Robobot, Nova makes a cameo appearance in the background of Level 3-4, which requires toggling the C-Stick (exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS models) and waiting for a certain amount of time to see.
Names in other languages
- Marx Soul's necklace appears to be made of parts of Nova.
- Nova's official artwork from Kirby Super Star Ultra does not depict the globe at its bottom.
- In Kirby Mass Attack, there is an unused stage splash screen with Nova from a Kirby Super Star Ultra cutscene and the Japanese caption 「画像がありませぬ」 ("No image found").
- Nova shares commonalities with Star Dream from Kirby: Planet Robobot. This may have been alluded to in Marx Soul's flavor text from Kirby Super Star Ultra referring to it as "a nova" and Magolor's dialog from Kirby's Return to Dream Land mentioning "clockwork stars that soar the cosmos", hinting at more than one of them having been built by the ancients.
|Quotes from Galactic Nova in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra|
|The Milky Way in Kirby Super Star (Ultra)|
Click on an area to proceed