From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Jump to navigationJump to search
Featured Picture Nomination
What a Featured Picture is:
- A high quality image that is at least 600 pixels in width and 400 in height.
- Sound of format. (no improvement notice templates are present)
- An image with complete documentation with a source (where applicable).
- Uses the most current version of the Aboutfile template.
- Properly licensed.
- Properly categorized.
- Used in at least one article.
- Voting is currently open to all registered users.
- All votes must be signed with signatures (type four tildes (~~~~.)) Unsigned votes are automatically negated, regardless of any points made.
- An image will become automatically featured if it receives five (5) valid votes to support it and two (2) days have passed since the nomination.
- After two (2) weeks of being nominated, an image will be featured if it does not have more opposition than support. (this means a tie or zero votes will still result in a feature)
- An image will fail to become featured if it receives five (5) valid oppositions.
- There may be no more than six (6) nominated images at one time. Do not add any more than this.
- The editor who puts the image up for nomination may not vote on it.
- Please add all oppositions/supports on a new line beginning with a number/pound/hash sign (#) to automatically create an alphanumeric list.
- Keep in mind that any comments made in support of the image will be displayed alongside the image on the front page, so make sure they're good comments!
- Staff members reserve the right to negate any votes without notification of the voter if they are found to be in violation of any of these rules or if suspected of trolling.
Once an image has been featured, it must stay on the front page for at least one (1) week before being supplanted by another image.
- Main article: WiKirby:Featured Picture Nomination/Occasional