A Monster is a creature dispatched by NightMare Enterprises, in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. Monsters come in many types, and often overlap with enemies, Mid-Bosses and Bosses from the video game series, though many are original. The typical formula of episodes would involve Kirby pitted against one or more monsters that King Dedede sends after him, using a specific Copy Ability to take them down.
Not all monsters are inherently hostile. Some are temperamental, but usually friendly, and some actually become friends with Kirby, and will defend him.
List of monsters
This list is incomplete.
Made for the anime
- Broom King
- Devil Frog
- Devil Kirby (transformed version of Kirby)
- Fofa (origin of Fololo & Falala)
- Heavy Anaconda
- Maimaigoon (transformed version of Escargoon)
- Max Flexer (Macho-san in Japanese)
- Masher 2.0
- Monsieur Goan
- Red Viper
- Slice n' Splice (Kittarihattari in Japanese)
- WolfWrath (Chili Dog in Japanese)
Adapted from the video games
- Bonkers (as Demon Bonkers)
- Captain Stitch
- Fire Lion
- Heavy Lobster
- Ice Dragon
- Master Green
- Paint Roller
- Many of the monsters who were made for the anime would later appear in games in the Kirby series, though usually only as cameos. Among these include Max Flexer, Octacon, and Devil Kirby.
Names in other languages