- This article is about bombs as standard objects in the Kirby series. For the Copy Ability, see Bomb.
A Bomb is an explosive object which typically takes on a black spheroid appearance with a fuse coming out the top. Aside from the ones tossed by Kirby, bombs can be found in many games and Sub-Games in the Kirby series, in many different contexts.
Kirby's Dream Land
Bombs are among the objects that Kirby can swallow and spit back out. They are first seen in Castle Lololo, and will take out all enemies in their path when spat out. Given their limited numbers, however, they are not all that important.
Bomb Blocks first appeared in this game, which cause a chain reaction when broken.
The Egg Catcher Sub-Game involves Kirby trying to catch eggs in his mouth while avoiding bombs. Eating a bomb automatically ends the game.
Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Main article: Nruff and Nelly
Kirby Super Star
This was the first game in the series where Poppy Bros. Jr. became known primarily for tossing bombs. Kirby could gain the Bomb ability by swallowing the bombs they tossed, as well as swallowing them.
Kirby's Dream Land 3
During the boss fight with Pon Con, large spiked bombs with skull insignia would occasionally drop from the ceiling. These could harm the enemies as well as Kirby.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
A Sub-Game exists in this game called Bomb Rally, which involves four different Kirbys batting a bomb around, exploding on the first one who misses a beat.
Kirby Air Ride
In Kirby Air Ride, bombs appear as items in the Top Ride mode. Here, when picked up, Kirby gains the ability to toss up to six bombs in succession, knocking around any foe they hit. The bomb can be dropped prematurely if Kirby is hit, performs a Quick Spin, or falls into a stage hazard.
In addition to this, there is also a Sensor Bomb item which can be used in City Trial. It is placed and hidden under the ground, and explodes when a rider moves over it, or after a set amount of time.
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Mass Attack
There are several different types of bombs in this title. They include the following:
- Standard black bombs can be found in stages and tossed from enemies like Waddle Dee. Once lit, they pulsate for a moment, then explode, dealing damage in a somewhat small area, and destroying Metal Blocks.
- Block Bombs can be found in Sandy Canyon - Stage 8, which can be pushed like Heave-Ho Blocks, and will explode once their timer wheel depletes.
- King Dedede throws bubble bombs which have either a short or long timer. The Kirbys have to bounce these back up to the King's balloon to bring him down.
- A number of enemies, like Bombpeller and Missile Roller explode on contact with the Kirbys' tank in Volcano Valley - Stage 2.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
This game introduced two explosive ordinances to use as items:
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Kirby Battle Royale
In Rocket Rumble, a large timed bomb will sometimes appear on the stage, which can knock fuel out of rockets and KO Kirbys when it blows. These come in various levels of power as well. These bombs also appear in Crazy Theater.
Kirby Star Allies
At various points in stages, most notably Green Gardens, large bombs attached to a rope can be found. In order to activate these, Kirby or an ally must use a Sizzle-infused cutting weapon, such as Sizzle-Sword or Sizzle-Cutter. Unlike other bombs, these are incapable of harming Kirby or his friends when they explode. If they are cut without being lit, the bomb will roll away and then respawn attached to the rope again.