Heavy Lobster is a boss and the Halberd's security guard in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra. Its strategy is running, walking, and clopping out unknown red goop that gives Kirby the paint ability, minature versions of itself (simliar to Heavy Mole), and flames.
Hence its name, it is a golden, heavy machine, that resembles a lobster. It has wing-like projections on top, which do not seem to serve a purpose; green (when not aggressive) and red (when aggressive) eyes; and a booster on the back. Heavy Lobster is not always gold. In all battles off the Halberd, Heavy Lobster is silver, and when Kirby uses the paint ability on it, Heavy Lobster turns red. Its eye also gets covered with paint, so it attacks randomly instead of targeting Kirby.
|Heavy Lobster's attacks|
Revenge of the Meta Knight
Heavy Lobster is fought twice in Revenge of Meta Knight. The first battle is interrupted by the Halberd taking off, but Heavy Lobster is fought and defeated later. His explosion knocks off the Halberd's left wing.
During the second fight with Heavy Lobster, if Kirby uses the Paint ability, he can blind the beast, making it unable to aim properly. The crew of the halberd will comment on this in dismay, in an exchange that can be considered an easter egg.
Milky Way Wishes
Heavy Lobster is fought a third time in Milky Way Wishes, but this time he is silver. The background of his battle shows a factory making more Heavy Lobsters.
The Arena/Helper to Hero
Meta Knightmare Ultra
Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Heavy Lobster is fought more times than Meta Knight in all of Kirby Super Star and its remake.
- In fact, he is fought more than any member of the Meta-Knights (except normal enemies).
- Despite having exploded after the take off of the Halberd, he is fought again in Revenge of Meta Knight. They may have more than one Heavy Lobster, as seen in the background of his second and third battles.
- Heavy Lobster is the only normal boss (not a final boss of a mode) to have his own theme.
- Heavy Lobster is very similar to Heavy Mole. Not only are they each a "heavy", gold robot, they shoot miniature versions of themselves.
- On Miiverse, questions concerning Heavy Lobster's absence in Kirby: Planet Robobot were addressed on September 7, 2016, in the third and final Ask-a-Thon. Kabula was chosen instead because it "fits the shooting sequences better".
- The Electro Shock Tank from Kirby Battle Royale is designed after Heavy Lobster.