Volcano Valley - Stage 1
The stage begins on the plains with bridges over lava pits. Scattered intermittent are pools of water, which the Kirbys can use to extinguish themselves if they catch on fire. Further in, the Kirbys can use giant water bubbles to cool down, then break apart the Magu that appear. At the end of the path, two different routes can be taken. One of them requires pulling a Jerkweed.
On the non-jerkweed path, the Kirbys will have to navigate past a lava lake which continuously rises and sinks.
On the Jerkweed path, the Kirbys can use sprinklers to cool down magmatic chambers.
On the cannon route, the Kirbys run across a tunnel with another Cryball and some Flappons.
On the Snoozroot route, the Kirbys will need to contend with some Big Bluckos.
In the last area, the Kirbys need to slam a Flare, then move past the last Cryball before clearing the stage.
- Medal 1 - Taking the non-Jerkweed path, the Kirbys will need to grab the Key from the changing lava level, then carry it to the chest further down the path. A Rainbow Medal is inside.
- Medal 2 - After pulling the Jerkweed over the metal blocks, the Kirbys can sally forth and find a Skull Key propped up by Star Blocks over a magmatic floor. The floor can be cooled temporarily with water to allow the Kirbys to get the key, then fight the Skull Gang for the medal inside the chest.
- Medal 3 - On the lower path, the Kirbys will need to find and defeat the second Big Blucko to obtain the medal inside it.
- Medal 4 - The Kirbys will need to find the second Cryball from the upper cannon path and make it cry over the sapling three times. Done correctly, a tree with a huge canopy will sprout, giving the Kirbys this medal.
- Medal 5 - In the final area, three Jerkweed sprouts can be found in the ceiling. The Kirbys need to make the Cryball cry to grow them. The leftmost Jerkweed contains this medal.