From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
Drawcia is the main antagonist and the only boss not fought in a sub-game in Kirby: Canvas Curse. She was a witch who turned Dream Land into a portrait. To hinder his attempt to stop her, she stripped Kirby's limbs away. This turned Kirby into a ball. After going through 7 levels, Kirby goes to the World of Drawcia, confronting her at the end. Kirby battles her twice, once each in her differing incarnations, while still in his ball form. After she is defeated, Drawcia is shoved into a canvas, breaking the Canvas Curse laid on him and Dream Land.
Drawcia has two known incarnations. These forms are Drawcia Sorceress and Drawcia Soul.
Drawcia Sorceress is the form Drawcia assumes when she and Kirby fight at the end of the game. Drawcia Sorceress attacks Kirby in many ways. She can paint enemies that do not give Copy Abilities, such as Waddle Dee. Drawcia can also draw spikes, which severely limits the space Kirby can move to for a short time. Drawcia Sorceress also swings across the screen, attempting to damage Kirby and release mini versions of herself to attack Kirby. When she shoots energy balls, Kirby can use the Magic Paintbrush to deflect them, stunning Drawcia, and can then use his spin dash to attack the insane sorceress. After being defeated in this form, Drawcia Sorceress becomes Drawcia Soul: a distorted beast that has five eyes and a huge mouth, and the predecessor to Marx Soul.
Kirby fighting Drawcia Soul
Drawcia Soul is the second form Kirby battles after she is taken down in the first phase. This form appears to be made out of paint. Drawcia Soul attacks Kirby in several ways. One of these ways is by sending out blobs which can be tapped using the touch screen in order for them to attack Drawcia. If not tapped, these instead hurt Kirby in ways that depend on which type of blob wasn't tapped. The red ones self-destruct. The yellow ones shoot lasers from their core. The blue ones charges at Kirby, trying to freeze him. Drawcia Soul can also attack Kirby by going across the screen in a way similar to the Burning Copy Ability, except that this doesn't burn Kirby if they collide. Another way she attacks is by making paint fall, which Kirby can block with the Magic Paintbrush. She can also use Shooter Cutter, an attack which many Soul Bosses use as part of their moveset, though this can be blocked with the paintbrush as well. When she appears in the foreground , Kirby can stun Drawcia by tapping with the Magic Paintbrush and stun her, making a chance to attack appear. After she is defeated, Drawcia Soul is stuffed into a canvas, Kirby reverts to his original form, and the game ends.
- Drawcia earned her name from the English verb, "To draw."
- Her soul form is the only Soul Boss to be canon, as Boss Rushes are considered non-canon. She also slightly resembles Dark Mind's Soul in this form, although Dark Mind cannot change his color.
- Although she does not appear proper, Drawcia is portrayed in Figurine form in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
- The flavor text for Paintra suggests that she and Drawcia may be related.
- Many future bosses have attacks similar to Drawcia:
- Soul of Sectonia has a giant fireball attack which is very similar in appearance to that of Drawcia Soul's.
- Marx can use Shooter Cutter in both his forms, as well as Drawcia's Deadly Meteor (though his version has him do two meteors) and Paint Rain attacks in his Soul form.
- Void Termina's Core can pull off a similar move to Drawcia's Ball Tackle. In this move, called Sprint, it bounces around the stage before going into the background and then tries to literally stomp on Kirby before retreating and charging from the background shortly after.
- Void Soul has a variant of the attack called Deadly Bound which resembles Drawcia's Ball Tackle more closely, but he splits into four. Void Soul and his clones then try to stomp on their target in order to deal damage, without bouncing on the stage beforehand. As Void - Astral Birth, Void Soul and his duplicates come in two at a time, and Void Soul can also use Void Termina's Core's variant but with water to slow the player's movement. Void can also use an attack that is similiar to Drawcia Soul's burning attack.
Names in other languages