From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
- This article is about the Battle Stage. For the area in a more general context, see Bubbly Clouds.
Bubbly Clouds is a Battle Stage that appears in all three Kirby Fighters games. It is based on Bubbly Clouds from Spring Breeze in Kirby Super Star Ultra, using its general appearance and music.
The layout of Bubbly Clouds consists of a long flat floor with two Thin Floors placed above at even level and distance from each-other. At regular intervals, Kracko appears to harass the fighters, and then leaves. He attacks using the following methods:
- Anyone who touches Kracko takes 18 damage.
- Kracko performs a wave beam attack which deals 48 damage and knocks fighters away.
- Kracko sweeps the stage with a lightning beam, dealing 48 damage to fighters (this can be avoided by hiding under a thin floor).
- Kracko rains a torrent down on a specific location, causing 10 initial damage on hit and 5 looping damage throughout the attack before finishing off with one last 9 damage hit (18 damage if that was the only hit made).
Kracko can be attacked while on stage, but cannot be defeated.
The aesthetic of the stage is that of a lavishly-decorated tower raised into a starry night sky. Above are sets of clouds with varying hues and patterns. The general hue of the background sky and certain other elements have been tweaked slightly between each game the stage has been featured in.
In Kirby Fighters 2, it is possible to toggle on or off the hazards for this stage in regular battles. When hazards are off, Kracko will not appear.
In Kirby Fighters 2, Bubbly Clouds is unlocked upon attaining Fighters Rank level 5. The secret song for the stage is unlocked at a Fighters Rank of 44.
- Main article: Kracko
In Kirby Fighters Deluxe, the fifth stage in the Single Player Mode pits the player and an ally against Kracko as a boss on this stage. Unlike in other stages, the goal here is to defeat Kracko, rather than any enemy fighters. Kracko also has additional moves in this particular fight compared to his regular stage appearance.
- Main article: Bubbly Clouds
Bubbly Clouds takes its aesthetic and main theme music from the boss fight against Kracko in Bubbly Clouds in Kirby Super Star Ultra. The original boss fight area is somewhat more confined compared to the stage, and the aesthetics, while similar, were updated significantly in the stage. In the original sub-game, it takes place in a bright blue sky like the fight against Kracko Jr.; in Kirby Fighters Deluxe, it takes place in a dark and starry sky more like the fight against Kracko proper; in Kirby Fighters 2, it is a hue somewhere in the middle.
VS. Kracko on Bubbly Clouds in Kirby Fighters Deluxe
A battle taking place on the Bubbly Clouds stage in Kirby Fighters 2
Names in other languages