- This article is about the Copy Ability from Kirby Star Allies, and should not be confused with Paint, a copy ability from Kirby Super Star (Ultra).
|Set out on a voyage of training with a colorful paintbrush on your side! Materialize yummies to share with your friends. It's like magic! Art has the power to change the world!|
— Flavor text of Artist in Kirby Star Allies
Artist is a Copy Ability that debuted in Kirby Star Allies. The Artist ability gives Kirby a magical paintbrush which can be used to splatter enemies in paint, and paint entities that can attack autonomously. Kirby also gains the ability to sculpt stone statues which he can then use to bash enemies with.
Artist is obtained from Vividria the mid-boss, who also can use this ability when recruited as a Friend. It gives both Kirby and the Vividria Friend a red painter cap adorned with a star and splattered with paint. The ability is unlimited use unless the Painbrush technique is used, which causes Kirby to lose the ability. However, Vividria cannot use Painbrush in any mode.
Sprayed paint from Artist attacks can put out fire and destroy Electro Saws and Zan Partizanne's lightning drums, but cannot provide the Splash element to allies. When Artist Kirby, Vividria or Adeleine & Ribbon become the rider of Friend Star or Star Allies Sparkler, they fire bullets with no element.
When Kirby gains the Artist ability, he is given a large wooden paintbrush smothered in rainbow-colored paint. He also gains a red hat which resembles a beret and has a paint-covered star inset near the front, and a splash of green paint on the side. As a final touch, Kirby's right cheek is splashed with light blue paint.
|Artist moveset in Kirby Star Allies|
|Brush Slash||Kirby swings his brush forward, splattering enemies ahead with paint.||Brush: 240|
|Brush Splash||Kirby lunges as he sweeps with his brush, splattering in a large area.
|Painter||Kirby takes out a canvas and crudely renders either Bandana Waddle Dee, King Dedede, Meta Knight or super-stuffed Kirby.
The painting then springs to life, jumps off the canvas, and steps forward, attacking enemies ahead before disappearing.
The painting moves/disappears: 240
King Dedede attacks: 360
Meta Knight/Bandana Waddle Dee attacks: 320
Super-stuffed Kirby moves: 360
|Sculpture||Kirby gets out a pillar of marble and sculpts it into either a statue of Kabu, the Dreamstalk, or Susie in a classical style.
Kirby may also sculpt a pot, which breaks instantly.
|During sculpture: 80|
|Creative Destruction||Kirby swings three times with his sculpture, causing it to smash into bits on the final swing.||300+400+500|
|Painbrush||Kirby can charge his paintbrush up to three levels of power.
Once released, he splatters the entire area in paint, dealing huge damage. Once the move finishes, Kirby loses the Artist ability.
Artist has two signature Friend Abilities:
- Still Life (press and hold ↑)
- Rock Painter (use any paint attack onto the Stone transformation, including that of Rick & Kine & Coo and Gooey)
Kirby Star Allies Version 3.0.0 has added a new painting for the Painter attack of Artist Kirby and Vividria - the super-stuffed Kirby from Kirby's Blowout Blast, which Adeleine & Ribbon cannot draw.
- This ability draws heavy inspiration from the character Ado/Adeleine, whose main power is the ability to paint things that came to life. In turn, Adeleine is playable as a Dream Friend with similar moves.
- The refrigerator of Still Life that spits out Food is a direct reference to the Ice-Spark Power Combo from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
- The internal file name for the Susie statue made by the Sculpture attack is 'Goddess'.
- The Painbrush attack is directly based off of the Paint ability from Kirby Super Star (Ultra), even mimicking its limited-use nature.
The Susie 'Goddess' sculpture, along with three Stone transformation sculptures.
Names in other languages
yì shù jiā
yì shù jiā