|This mysterious star will do something unexpected after being activated by an attack!|
— Kirby Fighters 2 loading screen tip
Action Star is an item which can appear during battles in all three of the Kirby Fighters games. When struck by any attack, it will cause a random effect to happen which may affect fighters in helpful or harmful fashion, with the effect typically favoring the fighter who activated it. The Action Star resembles a glowing shimmering five-pointed star with a question mark inset in the middle and which has a rough multicolored surface.
When an Action Star is struck by an attack from any source, it will make a sharp clashing sound and then rise into the air for a moment before bursting and vanishing in a huge flare of light. Just after the light dissipates, any one of the following things will happen:
- create up to eight recovery items, whether they be standard food or Maxim Tomatoes.
- create three Crackers which drop in random places (Kirby Fighters 2 only).
- create three Timed Dynamites which drop in random places.
- damage every fighter down to 1 HP and knock them away.
- drop a bomb on all opponents' heads (including Ghosts), dealing 16 damage.
- give all fighters the Dash Shoes effect.
- give all opponents a temporary slowing effect, reducing movement speed and jump height and also inhibiting flight.
- make all opponents sleep for up to 5 seconds.
In Story Mode: The Destined Rivals
In Kirby Fighters 2's Story Mode: The Destined Rivals, one of the special conditions which can occur in regular stages is referred to as an "Action Star Stage". In this scenario, only Action Stars will appear as items during the fight, and they will appear in large numbers. Clearing an Action Star stage nets the player an extra 100 points.
- In Kirby Fighters 2, one of the selectable item settings for regular battles (called "Action Star Only") will make it so that only Action Stars appear during the battle, mirroring the Action Star Stages in the Story Mode.
Names in other languages