Snow Bowl is a Super Ability available in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and its remake, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, obtained by defeating a Super Chilly. By gaining the ability, Kirby gains a hat resembling a soft ice cream cone with a large crystal pattern and a star on the front.
Upon use, Kirby transforms into a large snowball, which can roll around and jump.
By giving the Wii Remote a shake, the snowball gains a burst of speed and careens across the stage, instantly defeating any enemy in the way and destroying star-marked terrain and objects.
Once the snowball hits a wall or runs out of steam, or the player presses 1, it bursts, sending the previously-defeated enemies scattering and freezing any others that happen to be nearby.
|Snow Attack||Shake Wii Remote during Snow Bowl|
|Jump||2 during Snow Bowl or|
2 during Snow Attack
|Snow Crash||Snow Bowl, 1 or|
Snow Attack, hit wall
In Kirby's Return to Dream Land the Snow Bowl can be found in the following levels and stages:
|Snow Bowl locations in Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
|Stage||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Stage 6|
|*Only in Extra Mode|
|Kirby's Return to Dream Land||Snow day! Transform into a giant snowball and bowl down foes! Roll them up and crash into a wall for an ice-cold strike!|
|Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe||Snow day! Transform into a giant snowball, then roll over foes to freeze 'em! Charge back by bursting, or roll on and scatter foes!|
- Snow Bowl and Monster Flame are the only Super Abilities that don't have the normal counterpart's name in them.
- Snow Bowl and Ultra Sword are the only Super Abilities whose names don't have any change in the English version.
- Snow Bowl is the only Super Ability not used by Magolor during his boss fight. Magolor Soul does add the ice element to his Grand Hammer attack, however.
- The Snow Bowl Hat appears as purchasable Headgear for Ice Kirby in Kirby Battle Royale.
- In the Brazilian Portuguese version of Kirby's Dream Buffet, Snow Bowl is called "Bola de neve" (Snowball). However, it was renamed "Sorvete" (Ice Cream) in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. Interestingly, the name of the Snow Bowl attack on the pause menu was kept as "Bola de neve".
Names in other languages
|Ice Crystal Snowball|
|French||Globe de neige||Snowball|
|Italian||Palla di neve||Snowball|
|Portuguese||Bola de neve (Kirby's Dream Buffet)
Sorvete (Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe)
|Spanish||Bola de nieve||Snowball|