|This psychokinetic ability allows you to turn invisible and produce shocking electric fields, just like a certain boy with PSI. This field of science is still largely unexplored.|
— Pause flavor text of ESP in Kirby: Planet Robobot
ESP is a Copy Ability that debuted in Kirby: Planet Robobot. When acquiring this ability, Kirby gains a blue baseball cap with red visor and tilted off to the side, which looks similar to the cap of Ness from EarthBound. Kirby also emits constant blue energy from his hands.
ESP Kirby is able to teleport short distances to avoid damage, can control a freely-steering ball of energy around the player's field of view, and counter attacks with a large psychic flash. These psychic attacks can also conduct electricity to solve related puzzles.
Kirby: Planet Robobot
In Kirby: Planet Robobot, ESP is obtained by swallowing the common enemy NESP, or the Mid-Boss Telepathos. The following Super Smash Bros. series amiibo figures can also provide this ability when scanned into the game:
The Robobot Armor can also obtain this ability and become the ESP Mode.
- Main article: ESP (Robobot Armor)
Kirby Star Allies
|Disappear with mind powers, just like magic, and revel in the effects when you use ↑ to tap into your powers! Also, use PK Insight to guard yourself, and release a psychokinetic charge with PK Electroshift! It's an ESPecially good time!|
— Pause flavor text of ESP in Kirby Star Allies
The ESP ability has a glitch in this game that Using Vanish and Reappear may enable Kirby/NESP to skip some Room Guarder rooms (normally all the common enemies in a Room Guarder room must be defeated to proceed). This is useful for NESP to save time in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!.
|ESP moveset in Kirby: Planet Robobot & Kirby Star Allies|
|Psychokinesis||Kirby creates a small blast of psychokinetic energy around himself.||16 (release)|
|PK Shift||Kirby makes a moderately sized ball of psychokinetic energy that can be controlled can hit a maximum of 3 times before dissipating and Kirby floats while using it.||16 (PK Shift moves)|
24 (PK Electroshift moves)
|PK Electroshift||More powerful version of PK Shift.||32 (release)|
|Vanish||Kirby disappears for a short time to evade damage and go to a new location.||24|
|Reappear||Kirby reappears a small distance from where he disappeared damaging nearby enemies.||24|
|PK Evade||Kirby vanishes and reappears making a small explosion.||18|
|PK Insight||Kirby vanishes then reappears making a large destructive wave of psychokinetic energy decimating nearby enemies.||80|
- The pause flavor text of ESP in Kirby: Planet Robobot refers to Ness from EarthBound. Scanning his amiibo also gives Kirby the ESP ability.
- The moves PK Evade and Insight are a possible reference to Shulk's Vision ability.
- ESP is one of the few Copy Abilities with a guard counter attack (PK Evade and Insight). The others include Ninja (Hide Guard) and Staff (Staff Counter).
- Among the three newly introduced Copy Abilities in Kirby: Planet Robobot (Doctor, ESP and Poison), ESP is the only one that appeared in the next main Kirby series game, Kirby Star Allies, and also the only one to get a Robobot Armor mode.
Ability Star from Kirby: Planet Robobot
Names in other languages
chāo néng lì