|Honk, toot, and bammity-bam! This ability creates a festival of drums and horns, which makes everyone break into a wild dance! Gather your all-star friends and have a party!|
— Kirby Star Allies quote
Festival is a single-use Copy Ability that debuted in Kirby Star Allies. Kirby can only obtain the Festival ability from two primary sources, those being the enemy Don Puffle and the golden cherries which occasionally drop from Yggy Woods.
The Festival ability gives Kirby a captain's hat with a frock of colorful feathers attached to the back. When used, time freezes and Kirby and any Friends present will dance, dealing massive damage to all enemies on screen and turning them into Point Stars once the dance concludes. Festival's power increases if more friends are present to dance, resulting in Festival Dance the Friend Ability. Once the dance is performed, Kirby will lose this ability.
The Festival attack's damage is:
- Dance Solo (1 player): 180
- Festival Dance (2 players): 200
- Festival Dance (3 players): 210
- Festival Dance (4 players): 220
(For reference, a Star Bullet does 52 damage.)
- The Festival ability was designed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Kirby series, further proven by the ability using the graphics of the 25th anniversary logo ring at the end of the dance.
- Festival is the first limited-use Copy Ability to be introduced since Magic in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - a 14 year gap.
- The way Festival works is similar to how Meta Knight's 'Meta Knightmares' attack is performed in Meta Knightmare Returns, Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- In The Ultimate Choice, Point Stars are still created when using Festival on common enemies.
Banner from the Kirby Personality Quiz
Names in other languages