|When friends combine their power, a sparkling, fluttering star appears! Now everyone can shoot stars that fly across the land and sky. Take turns using it with X, and have the friend in front shoot the weak spot.|
— Kirby Star Allies Pause Screen description
Friend Star is a situational Friend Ability present in Kirby Star Allies. It allows Kirby and his friends to ride a special winged star which can be steered freely through the air and allows them to fire powerful projectiles at enemies and hazards in their way. To activate this ability, a special pedestal must be found in the stage, and four Friends are needed (including Kirby).
While riding the Friend Star, one of the four friends takes the lead, and the leader can swap out with another mid-flight. Depending on the power of the friend at the head, the projectiles fired will take on the character of that power. (See Power Effect#Friend Star / Star Allies Sparkler.) For example, if Chilly takes the lead, the projectiles fired will be Ice-based. The Friend Star has a health bar of its own, and if depleted, all four Friends will be KO'd at once.
|Friend Star moveset|
|Star Shot||The Friend Star fires a star shot.
|Milky Way||The Friend Star performs an invincible attack, which is similar to Shuttle Loop of the Wing ability and Meta Knight.
|Rider Switch||The rider is switched in order.
|Star Guard||The riders guard with the Friend Star's wings.
|Shooting Star||The Friend Star enters temporary invincibility state just like what the Invincible Candy originally does.|
|Hover||Has the same effect as pressing ↑.|
The Friend Star is used in the following stages:
- Fruity Forest (HAL Room)
- Sacred Square
- Heavenly Hall
- Grott Moon
- Extra Planet δ
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension IV
- The Friend Star in Fruity Forest can be found only in its HAL Room.
- The Friend Star cannot be inhaled by Whispy Woods or Yggy Woods in their boss battle.
- After defeating Whispy Woods in Fruity Forest with the Friend Star, Kirby cannot toss a Friend Heart at him because the allies are still riding it.
The Friend Star is the only method to destroy the Rolling Waddle Dee balls.
- A heart can be seen at the bottom of the Friend Star.
- This is the only Friend Ability which is directly affected by Invincible Candy.
- When entering a door with this ability, the friend riding back will pose as they enter.
- The Friend Star is absent in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!.
- Kirby riding the Friend Star can be found in "Let Them Know We're Happy" the Celebration Picture.
Names in other languages
méng yǒu xīn xīng