A Gem Apple is an item that can be collected, earned or purchased in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Super Kirby Clash. It serves as the primary form of currency in the game, and can also be used in a multitude of other ways both before, and during gameplay.
Obtaining Gem Apples
Gem Apples can be obtained for free in the following ways:
- completing Heroic Missions
- harvest from the Gem Apple Tree
- as a free gift from Magolor's Shoppe
- ringing the Adventurer Bell
- reciting a password at the Shrine of Passwords
- opening a Star Chest (SKC only)
- entering the game through specific news postings on the Nintendo Switch news feed (SKC only)
If more apples are desired, the player will need to purchase them using real money at Magolor's Shoppe. The price listings per bunch are on that page. Up to 3000 Gem Apples can be bought this way (5000 in SKC).
Gem Apple Tree
In the village, a Gem Apple Tree can be found, looked after by Bandana Waddle Dee. After the first battle is completed, the tree matures and yields 5 Gem Apples. From there, every 12 hours (real time), the tree yields another batch.
Buying enough Gem Apples at Magolor's Shoppe will cause the tree to grow further, yielding more apples per harvest. Growing the tree also makes its yield available right away.
The following are tables showing each level of tree growth in each game, and the requirements:
- Gem Apples are primarily used as currency to buy items in Magolor's Shoppe. They are involved in all purchases, except for buying more Gem Apples.
- Gem Apples are required to unlock most enemy encounters, and thus are required in order to move forward in the game.
- If Team Kirby finds their Vigor to be too low, and are not willing to wait around, Gem Apples can be eaten to instantly recover all Vigor.
- During battle, if all of the Kirbys are knocked out, Gem Apples can be spent to revive them. The cost increments based on how many times the revive is used during the fight, making repeated revivals costly.
- Additionally, Gem Apples can be spent to add 30 more seconds to the clock if time runs out, in much the same way (added time does not count toward the score).
- Gem Apples can be spent to recruit adventurers to help out in fights after the 24-hourly free recruitment is used.
- The music that plays in the village will change as the Gem Apple Tree grows.
- Gem Apples grow quickly on the tree but do not ripen until 12 hours after first appearing. Premature apples are smaller and green in color and are apparently worthless.
- Gem Apples will not ripen automatically if Kirby waits beyond the appointed time in the Village, however. Bandana Waddle Dee will inform him that he needs to go take on a Quest or visit Magolor's Shoppe first, and then the apples will be ripe when he gets back.
- Gem Apples are edible. In one article on the Japanese Team Kirby Clash Deluxe website, Susie bought Gem Apples in Magolor's Shoppe and then ate them with sorbet/sherbet. In Kirby Star Allies, this Gem Apple sherbet appears as Susie's signature food if she's put into the Cook ability's pot.
- In Kirby Star Allies, Magolor has an attack called Gem Apple Bombs. Whether these are bombs in Gem Apple's shape or real Gem Apples is unknown.
Names in other languages