The various islands are usually connected by a number of rainbows. Prior to the beginning of Kirby's journey in Kirby's Dream Land 2, however, said rainbows are stolen by Dark Matter. To restore them, Kirby must collect the Rainbow Drops hidden away on each island and defeat the evildoer.
From west to east, the archipelago consists of the following seven islands:
- Main article: Grass Land (Kirby's Dream Land 2)
- Main article: Big Forest
As the name implies, Big Forest is densely forested. Its inhabitants live both on the ground as well as in the tree tops. Nruff and Nelly are encountered here.
- Main article: Ripple Field (Kirby's Dream Land 2)
- Main article: Iceberg (Kirby's Dream Land 2)
- Main article: Red Canyon
Red Canyon is a mostly barren island consisting primarily of dry earth and rock. Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright reside here.
- Main article: Cloudy Park (Kirby's Dream Land 2)
The main part of this island consists of a gigantic volcano. However, most of its inhabitants have made their homes in the clouds surrounding it, including Kracko. Strong winds are common on and around the isle.
- Main article: Dark Castle
The large castle taking up most of this flat isle is the residence of King Dedede, as well as many of his stronger minions.
Names in Other Languages
Niji no Shimajima
- "Kirby lives in the rainbow islands of Dream Land. The rainbows that connect the islands have been stolen by the evil Dark Matter!" (Kirby's Dream Land 2 manual, pg. 5)
- "Grass Land is an open field." (Kirby's Dream Land 2 manual, pg. 23)
- "Most of Ripple Field is under water." (Kirby's Dream Land 2 manual, pg. 23)
|The Rainbow Islands|
Click on any island