An Energy Sphere is a collectible item found in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Energy Spheres resemble semi-transparent spheres with gears in them, and they apparently power the Lor Starcutter. Kirby must obtain Energy Spheres, found in often hidden or hard to reach areas throughout the non-boss stages of the game, to unlock doors to sub-games, challenges, and Copy Ability rooms in the Lor Starcutter. There are 120 Energy Spheres in total; each stage (aside from boss stages) contains 3 to 5 Energy Spheres.
The Sphere Doomer Mid-Boss always yields two Energy Spheres upon its defeat in the main game.
Energy Sphere Distribution
There are no Energy Spheres in boss stages or the last level, Another Dimension.
|Level/Stage||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Total|
The following list what is unlocked in the Lor Starcutter when a specified number of Energy Spheres are attained.
- 7: Sword Challenge
- 15: Ninja Dojo mini-game
- 20: Copy Ability Room 1 (Cutter, Leaf, Needle, Fire, Sword)
- 25: Whip Challenge
- 30: Scope Shot mini-game
- 35: Hi-Jump Challenge
- 40: Copy Ability Room 2 (Stone, Parasol, Whip, Beam, Spark)
- 50: Bomb Challenge
- 60: Copy Ability Room 3 (Spear, Bomb, Tornado, Hi-Jump, Water)
- 70: Water Challenge
- 80: Copy Ability Room 4 (Ninja, Wing, Fighter, Hammer, Ice)
- 90: Wing Challenge
- 120: Item Challenge
- According to The True Arena's Special page on the Grand Doomer EX, the Energy Spheres tend to create dimensional rifts when separated from the Lor, which is what allowed the Sphere Doomers to emerge in Popstar.
- When collecting a previously collected Energy Sphere, the gear inside will be replaced with a red Point Star, adding ten to the player's total.
Names in other languages
- "The lost Energy Spheres have created dimensional rifts. The Grand Doomer has emerged from one such rift!" —The True Arena (Special Page)