|“||Energy Spheres are scattered across the land. Try to find all of the hidden ones!||”|
— in-game quote after collecting the first Energy Sphere in Kirby's Return to Dream Land or its remake, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
An Energy Sphere is a collectible item found in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and its remake: Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. Energy Spheres resemble semi-transparent spheres with gears in them, and they apparently power the Lor Starcutter, as they contain some kind of ancient technology.
Energy Spheres are often found in hidden or hard to reach areas throughout the non-boss stages of the game. They unlock doors to sub-games, challenges, and Copy Ability rooms in the Lor Starcutter. There are 120 Energy Spheres in total; each stage (aside from boss stages) contains 3 to 5 Energy Spheres. While collecting Energy Spheres is optional to complete the game for the most part, collecting all 120 of them is mandatory to reach 100% completion.
When collecting a previously collected Energy Sphere upon revisiting a stage, the gear inside will be replaced with a red Point Star, adding ten to the player's total.
Sphere Doomers love to eat Energy Spheres, and always yield two of them upon their defeat in the main game. The main bosses of the game hold Part Spheres, which serve a similar purpose, but house one of the Lor Starcutter's main parts instead.
Energy Sphere Distribution
There are no Energy Spheres in boss stages or the last level, Another Dimension.
|Level/Stage||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Total|
The following list what is unlocked in the Lor Starcutter when a specified number of Energy Spheres are attained.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- 7: Sword Challenge
- 15: Ninja Dojo mini-game
- 20: Copy Ability Room 1 (Cutter, Leaf, Needle, Fire, Sword)
- 25: Whip Challenge
- 30: Scope Shot mini-game
- 35: Hi-Jump Challenge
- 40: Copy Ability Room 2 (Stone, Parasol, Whip, Beam, Spark)
- 50: Bomb Challenge
- 60: Copy Ability Room 3 (Spear, Bomb, Tornado, Hi-Jump, Water)
- 70: Water Challenge
- 80: Copy Ability Room 4 (Ninja, Wing, Fighter, Hammer, Ice)
- 90: Wing Challenge
- 120: Item Challenge
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
- 5: Sword Challenge
- 10: Magolor's Tome Trackers
- 15: Copy Ability Room 1 (Cutter, Leaf, Needle, Fire, Sword)
- 20: Sand Challenge
- 25: Booming Blasters
- 30: Whip Challenge
- 35: Copy Ability Room 2 (Sand, Parasol, Whip, Beam, Spark)
- 40: Egg Catcher
- 45: Hi-Jump Challenge
- 50: Samurai Kirby
- 55: Bomb Challenge
- 60: Checkerboard Chase
- 65: Copy Ability Room 3 (Stone, Bomb, Tornado, Hi-Jump, Water)
- 70: Bomb Rally
- 75: Mecha Challenge
- 80: Crackity Hack
- 85: Copy Ability Room 4 (Spear, Mecha, Wing, Fighter, Ice)
- 90: Smash Ride
- 95: Water Challenge
- 100: Kirby on the Draw
- 105: Copy Ability Room 5 (Ninja, Hammer, Crash, Mike, Festival)
- 110: Wing Challenge
- 115: Ninja Dojo
- 120: Item Challenge
- According to the Grand Doomer EX's Special Page, the Energy Spheres tend to create dimensional rifts when separated from the Lor, which is what allowed the Sphere Doomers to emerge in Popstar.
- Energy Sphere gears make up the horns on the Rampaging Doomers and Crowned Doomer in Magolor Epilogue: The Interdimensional Traveler.
Kirby finding an Energy Sphere in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
"The Shape of a Heart" Celebration Picture featuring some Energy Spheres floating around in the mural
Names in other languages
|French||Sphère d'énergie||Energy sphere|
|Italian||Sfere di energia||Energy sphere|
|Portuguese||Esfera de energia||Energy sphere|
|Spanish||Esfera de energía||Energy sphere|
- "A hologram of monsters nested in another dimension. The original Doomers were red and blue. They love to eat Energy Spheres, which contain ancient technology." –Holo-Doomers Special Page (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
- From the Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe song title "You Got a Part Sphere!"
- "The lost Energy Spheres have created dimensional rifts. The Grand Doomer has emerged from one such rift!" –Grand Doomer EX Special Page (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)