Tankbot is a Metamortex transformation featured in Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. It turns Kirby and Prince Fluff into a large round vehicle which somewhat resembles them in body shape. In this form, they have the ability to fire an unlimited number of missiles and hover for a short period of time, though the Tankbot has a limited jumping range.
In two-player mode, the character who did not grab the Metamortex can control a punching glove at the side of the Tankbot. The punching glove protects from enemies by rotating around and bashing them and can also be fired as a controllable missile. Only the player who touches the transformation symbol drives the Tankbot.
- Fountain Gardens in Grass Land
- Moon Base in Space Land
- Whispy's Forest in Dream Land (is used to fight Whispy Woods)
- The final boss battle with Mega Yin-Yarn
- An opaque version of the Tankbot appears as one of the 'Excellent' attacks in Kirby Quest from Kirby Mass Attack.
- The tank's face somewhat resembles the Robobot Armor's.
- The music used for the Tankbot transformation is a remix of the power-up music from Kirby's Dream Land. The CD for this song is located in the Moon Base level of Space Land.
Screenshot of Tankbot being used in Fountain Gardens
Tankbot being used in Moon Base
Tankbot being used to battle Whispy Woods in Whispy's Forest
Names in other languages