- This article is about the transformation in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. For the Metamortex Transformation from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, see Tankbot.
|“||Kirby Tank moves forward automatically and can dash when tapped. He will also fire his cannon at any point you tap.||”|
— Kirby and the Rainbow Curse electronic manual, page 14
The Kirby Tank is a special transformation that Kirby can undergo in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse using Elline's painting skills. Using a canvas, she transforms him into a small tank with a cannon for a mouth and treads for feet. In this form, Kirby is able to shoot endless volleys of cannonballs from his "mouth" to quickly defeat enemies as he rolls slowly along the ground. The Kirby Tank is used in the stages Deploy the Kirby Tank! and Woodland Battle. It also appears in several Challenge Mode stages.
|“||Elline uses her power to transform Kirby into a powerful tank, which helps him advance over rough terrain. He can shoot at enemies using his mouth cannon too! Just be sure to support him using a rainbow rope.||”|
— Kirby Tank Figurine description from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
The Kirby Tank is about the same size as Kirby in his usual form, turning his hands and feet into orange tank treads with pink stars for gears and turning his mouth into a cannon nozzle. In this form, Kirby's controls change from the usual as follows:
- Kirby moves much more slowly across the ground, but does move continuously using his treads. He cannot move backwards without tumbling.
- Tapping Kirby gives him a short burst of speed, but unlike the Touch Dash, this cannot be used to defeat enemies.
- Tapping anywhere aside from Kirby causes him to shoot a cannonball at that location. The cannonball explodes once it reaches the point specified, so it may be advantageous to aim past moving enemies instead of directly at them.
- Kirby can still ride rainbow ropes in this form, but he cannot travel up steep lines or move upside-down.
- In place of a Star Dash, the Kirby Tank has a separate transformation (called the Mega Kirby Tank) which can be used by holding the stylus down at a specified position. This attack can be released at various levels of charge, with the reticle transforming to indicate this. This barrage of multiple cannonballs fans out to cover a wide area, and can be used to break metal blocks.
In addition, Waddle Dees present gain their own cannons, which they hold above their heads along with a hard hat in place of the usual bandana. As before, they are free to walk around and jump while they are firing away.
|This is Kirby Tank's most powerful form. He can unleash a brutal attack, but he needs a bit of time to recover afterward. That's why he can't take on a more powerful form when he's Kirby Rocket or Kirby Submarine. --Mega Kirby Tank Figurine description from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse|
- During the transformation, Kirby is first repainted to resemble Rick, referencing the fact that the Kirby Tank, like Rick, specializes in traversing dry land.
The Kirby Tank figurine
Kirby Tank firing at some Bouncies
Shooting at a rolling log to make it roll the other way in Woodland Battle
Names in other languages