Heroes in Another Dimension
- This article is about the game mode in Kirby Star Allies. For Another Dimension in a more general context, see Another Dimension.
|“||Hyness' prayer opened a path from another dimension...to new dimensions untold. What possibilities await? Will you be a Dream Friend? Will you face even greater evil? Collect hearts and explore new worlds. The light of hope is yours to create.||”|
— Kirby Star Allies Pause Screen description
Heroes in Another Dimension is an Extra Mode in Kirby Star Allies, which was added in version 4.0.0 on November 30th, 2018. It acts as a shorter more-challenging adventure which utilizes the abilities of Kirby and his Dream Friends to solve difficult puzzles and fight more powerful parallel versions of bosses from the main story mode, culminating in a battle against The Three Mage-Sisters. The Story Mode must be completed to unlock this mode, like with The Ultimate Choice and Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!. Clearing Heroes in Another Dimension is not required for 100% completion, but it is required for "Crown%" (crowning the Kirby icon on the save file).
While the plot of this mode is only loosely connected to that of the main story, it follows Kirby and his allies as they venture through a portal into Another Dimension created by Hyness' repeated attempts to summon his dark lord, and can be seen as a follow-up to the changing appearance of The Divine Terminus shown in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!.
There are five total stages in this mode. In the first four stages, Kirby and his Dream Friend allies tag in and out using the Hero Doors in order to solve puzzles and collect as many Friend Hearts as possible. Each of these stages has 30 Friend Hearts that can be collected, with the first one in each stage always being a mandatory pickup. The final stage contains no hearts or hero doors, and is merely the place where Kirby and co. fight the last set of bosses in the game. As such, a total of 120 hearts can be collected, and a final grade will be given to the player depending on how many hearts were collected at the end of the game. How many hearts were collected also determines how the story ends - with a sufficient number allowing Kirby to befriend the Three Mage-Sisters and Hyness, while also breaking the curse that they were held under.
The following list links to a detailed overview of each stage in Heroes in Another Dimension:
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension I (unlocks Dimension II, III and IV when cleared)
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension II
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension III
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension IV
- Heroes in Another Dimension - Final Dimension (unlocked by clearing the four main dimensions)
Dimension II, III and IV can be cleared in any order. In the first playthrough, cleared dimensions cannot be revisited. After clearing Final Dimension once, all five dimensions will become available for revisit (to collect the remaining Friend Hearts if any are missing).
In the first four dimensions, four Parallel bosses are fought, one for each dimension:
- Dimension I: Parallel Woods
- Dimension II: Parallel Twin Kracko → Parallel Big Kracko
- Dimension III: Parallel Meta Knight
- Dimension IV: Parallel Dedede
In the Final Dimension, the final bosses are:
The first four are known as 異界四天王/이공간 사천왕 ("The Otherworldly Big Four") in the Japanese, Chinese and Korean versions. 四天王 and 사천왕 literally translate to "Four Heavenly Kings", but the term is otherwise used to refer to "the big four" of something (in this case, the dimension they are in).
Notes on bosses
Each boss is based on a previous boss from the Story Mode of the game. The Otherworldly Big Four in particular have double the health of their original counterparts. In particular, The Three Mage-Sisters have the highest health (3,234; Star Bullet=52) of all single boss battles in Kirby Star Allies.
In the rooms before the four parallel boss battles, several food items can be found which match their characteristics:
- Parallel Woods: watermelon slices ×3, cherries ×3 (fruits)
- Parallel Twin Kracko & Parallel Big Kracko: fried eggs with two yolks ×2, two-piece sushi set ×2, onigiri ×1 (food that is two in number or looks like eyeballs)
- Parallel Meta Knight: pudding ×1, macaron ×1, strawberry shortcake ×1, milk baby bottle ×1 (sweets, which are originally Meta Knight's favorite food)
- Parallel Dedede: roast chicken ×2, meat ×2, omurice ×2, bread ×1, coffee ×1 (mostly meat)
- 4-19 Friend Hearts - F Rank
- 20-49 Friend Hearts - E Rank
- 50-79 Friend Hearts - D Rank
- 80-89 Friend Hearts - C Rank
- 90-99 Friend Hearts - B Rank
King Dedede will appear as the surprise boss during the credits roll, like in Story Mode. Clearing Heroes in Another Dimension once regardless of rank will unlock Soul Melter EX of The Ultimate Choice, provided that Soul Melter has also been cleared.
If Kirby has collected at least 100 Friend Hearts before the Final Dimension, "Happy Ending" will play out:
- 100-109 Friend Hearts - A Rank
- 110-120 Friend Hearts - S Rank
- 120 Friend Hearts - Perfect (required to crown the main game's save file and view an extra ending illustration)
Obtaining the Happy Ending will unlock The Three Mage-Sisters as a Dream Friend and the last three Celebration Pictures to assemble. Marx will appear as a surprise boss in The Happiest Curtain Call, just like King Dedede in Story Mode and Meta Knight in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!.
- "Limitless Power" from Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- "Beautiful Prison" from Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- "L86" from Kirby: Planet Robobot
- "Rainbow Resort" from Kirby's Adventure
- Outside of the stage select area, boss preparation rooms, and boss fights themselves, Kirby is unable to discard his ability, even if he did not get it from a Hero Door.
- The mode was originally titled "Another Dimension Challenge" during development. The abbreviation, "adc", is still used to name the mode in the game files.
- The artwork for the official trailer and website (see the Video Gallery) is not found in the game itself.
- The hollowed-out design of the Point Stars found in this mode previously appeared in the Extra Mode in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- In the French, Dutch and Italian versions, S Rank is known as A+ Rank instead.
New game tutorial prompt, regarding Hero Doors
New game tutorial prompt, mentioning the Friend Hearts and how they affect the ending
Kirby using ESP
Taranza using Friend Bounce
Wallpaper based on the battle against The Three Mage-Sisters in Heroes in Another Dimension
Kirby Star Allies official trailer:
Wave 3 Update
Kirby Star Allies official trailer:
Wave 3 Update - Heroes in Another Dimension
Names in other languages
Anazā Dimenshon Hīrōzu
|Another Dimension Heroes|
Yì Cìyuán Kōngjiān Yīngxióng Tóngméng
|Another Dimension Hero Allies|
Yì Cìyuán Kōngjiān Yīngxióng Tóngméng
|Dutch||Helden in een andere dimensie||Heroes in another dimension|
|French||Héros dans une dimension parallèle||Heroes in a parallel dimension|
|German||Helden in einer anderen Dimension||Heroes in another Dimension|
|Italian||Eroi in una dimensione parallela||Heroes in a parallel dimension|
|Korean||또 하나의 세계 히어로즈
Tto Hanaui Segye Hieolojeu
|Another World Heroes|
|Russian||Герои в другом измерении
Geroi v drugom izmerenii
|Heroes in another dimension|
|Spanish||Héroes en una dimensión paralela||Heroes in a parallel dimension|