From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
- This article is about heart-shaped items in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! that power up its user in various ways. For the heart patch in City Trial, see Patch.
Power-Up Hearts are items which appear exclusively in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!; an Extra Game in Kirby Star Allies. Picking up one of these hearts will augment the health, speed, or attack of the user and their team, depending on the type of heart collected. Each stat can be increased up to five times before hitting the maximum, from which no further stat boost will have an effect. Power-Up Hearts can be obtained in stages by defeating enemy ambushes, exploring side areas, or opening Treasure Chests. When entering a new level, all stat bonuses gained will be lost.
Types of Hearts
There are four types of Power-Up Hearts in the game, with each having a different effect. They are as follows:
- Attack Heart - Red in color with a 'hit' insignia. These hearts boost damage dealt by all attacks for the party.
- Health Heart - Green in color with a shield insignia. These hearts heal the party and boost maximum health.
- Speed Heart - Blue in color with an arrow insignia. These hearts boost the vertical movement speed of the party, but don't boost the horizontal movement speed or some moves like Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop, Plasma's Light-Speed Dash or Zan Partizanne's Lightning Dodge.
- All-Up Heart - Resembles three hearts with the central one being larger and having a star insignia. Boosts all three stats of the party by one.
|Power-Up Heart Modifiers
and his team find an All-Up Heart
. Note also the heart stats in the top-left.
- The in-game timer freezes momentarily when a Power-Up Heart is collected.
- If the Friend collects a Power-Up Heart while dashing, it will remove the dash momentum. Collecting it while the Friend is in the air doesn't remove the dash momentum, however.
- The "Friend Helper title select/All-Up Heart" fanfare shares part of the Friendly Field stage theme.
- In the Friend Train sections of Level 1 and Level 3, if 4P is tall enough, they will touch the Power-Up Hearts at the end of the area and cancel the train crash recovery time.
- In the HAL Room of Jambandra Base (before the second checkpoint of Level 5), an extra set of Attack, Health and Speed Hearts will appear after destroying all the HAL blocks. However, the Friends can usually max out Attack and Speed without collecting these extra hearts before the second checkpoint.