Clash at Castle Dedede
Clash at Castle Dedede is the final main stage of Dream Land in Kirby Star Allies. This stage takes place inside Castle Dedede, where King Dedede must be fought at the end. Completing this stage unlocks the second level; Planet Popstar.
The stage begins in a large hallway inside the castle. Kirby can find Plugg here as well as other foes to defeat or befriend. The hall leads up a set of stairs to reach the next area.
In the next area, Kirby will have to battle an ambush of King Dedede's minions, with Bugzzy last in line to bout. Defeating them opens the way forward. After a round-trip door, another ambush must be faced. From there, a door can be reached which requires two friends to open.
The next area is a split path where Kirby and his friends will need to work together to travel through.
From there, Kirby and his allies travel down a long and ominously quiet hall. In the next room, after an opportunity to pick up more friends, Kirby battles King Dedede who had been munching on a huge pile of rotten fruit. The fight plays out normally at first, until King Dedede suddenly becomes much beefier than usual. Suddenly he breaks the floor and sends the allies down to lower levels of the castle. Eventually, Dedede is defeated, and a dark heart pops out of him as he reverts to normal. With the stage cleared, Kirby dances to celebrate the end of his adventure...but not quite.
Rare Picture Piece Guide
During the second ambush section, there are two large metal blocks on alcoves. These can be broken using Friend Throw to reveal the picture piece inside the one to the right.
Version 3.0.0 has added a new hidden area in this stage. At the beginning of the corridor that leads to the King Dedede battle, the first window is actually opened which leads to the hidden area.
This hidden area has a set of puzzles that require Kirby to destroy the Bomb Block and then move forward before the path is shut, very similar to White Wafers - Stage 5's second Energy Sphere puzzle from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. At the end of the area awaits Bonkers EX, and defeating him rewards Kirby many Picture Pieces, Point Stars, a Maxim Tomato and a 1-Up. Then, Kirby has to backtrack to leave this area and fight King Dedede in the end.
The following lists the locations of Power-Up Hearts in Clash at Castle Dedede. Note that not all of them appears for every Friend.
- Attack Heart (×2): After defeating Bugzzy, the red star door is only available if 1P is Broom Hatter (using Friend Super-Vac), Magolor (using Magoloran Launch) or a Friend who can use Friend Throw (Knuckle Joe, Bugzzy, Beetley, Gooey). 2 Attack Hearts can be found after destroying the big blocks with said Friend Abilities.
- Health Heart: Replaces the Rare Picture Piece.
- All-Up Heart: Appears after defeating an ambush in the sunset corridor.
Enemies, Bosses, and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- In areas with sunset, especially during an enemy ambush, the game often experiences significant frame drops due to the strong shader effects.
- A false credits sequence plays after King Dedede is defeated in Story Mode.
- On Soul Melter difficulty of The Ultimate Choice, King Dedede is fought at night instead of sunset.
Plugg gets an idea.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||クライマックス オブ キャッスルデデデ
Kuraimakkusu obu Kyassuru Dedede
|Climax of Castle Dedede|
|Chinese||顶峰决战 帝帝帝城堡 (chs)
頂峯決戰 帝帝帝城堡 (cht)
dǐng fēng jué zhàn: dì dì dì chéng bǎo
|Decisive Battle at the Summit: Castle Dedede|