A Dream Palace is a place which Kirby can visit in Kirby Star Allies. It is a small chapel-like structure which can be found on the world maps for the four main levels of the game, and needs to be unlocked by pressing certain Big Switches in regular stages.
When Kirby enters a Dream Palace, he can use the Dream Rod inside to call forth a Dream Friend to assist him. This can be done once per visit, and Kirby cannot visit the same Dream Palace again unless he clears a different stage first. When the Dream Rod is activated, a roulette appears which stops on an icon for one of the friends, who is then added to Kirby's team.
There is one Dream Palace in each level in the story mode (except Level 5). To unlock them, the Big Switches in the following stages must be pressed:
- Dream Land - Donut Dome
- Planet Popstar - Friendly Field
- Jambastion - Longview Corridor
- Far-Flung Starlight Heroes - Planet Earthfall
Not all Dream Friends are available from the start. At first, only Bandana Waddle Dee, Rick & Kine & Coo, Marx, and Gooey can be summoned from the Dream Palace. King Dedede, Adeleine & Ribbon, Dark Meta Knight, and Daroach are unlocked after clearing Clash at Castle Dedede; Meta Knight, Magolor, Taranza, and Susie are unlocked after clearing Sacred Square; and The Three Mage-Sisters are unlocked after clearing Heroes in Another Dimension with at least 100 Friend Hearts collected.
- Aside from the Dream Palace, Dream Rods can also be found after pressing some of the Big Switches in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!, which can be used to call upon a Dream Friend.
- Dream Rods can also be found in Heroes in Another Dimension, in various locations.
- If a secondary ally picks up the Dream Rod, that ally will be replaced by the resulting Dream Friend.
Names in other languages
|Canadian French||Palace de rêve||Dream palace|
|European French||Palais des rêves||Dream palace|
|Spanish||Palacio de ensueño||Dream palace|