|“||Kirby gained the mysterious Mouthful Mode ability after he flew through that vortex... Now he can stuff an entire cone into his mouth! Use your pointy head to jab below you and bust open cracks in the ground or on pipes. You're out of cone-trol, Kirby!||”|
— Figure description from Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Cone Mouth is a Mouthful Mode that involves Kirby wrapping himself around a big cone in order to take control of it, allowing him to slam into the ground upside-down to defeat enemies and bust open obstacles. This exceptionally strong slam attack is needed to bust open certain stage devices such as cracked water pipes, and is also used to defeat specific enemies. The attack also has a fairly wide area of effect, allowing Kirby to harm enemies even if he doesn't land right on top of them.
- A (or B) - Jump
- B (or Y) - Spike Downward: Kirby inverts himself and slams to the ground, which can open up cracked floors and bust other objects.
- In Kirby's Dream Buffet, Cone-Mouth Kirby appears on a Character Treat, using his artwork from Kirby and the Forgotten Land.
- Using the "Spike Downward" move in midair allows Kirby to gain a little more height before falling to the ground. This can be useful for getting up onto certain platforms that would not otherwise be reachable while using Cone Mouth.
- In addition, if Kirby inhales a cone in midair, he can sometimes jump in the air just after transforming, which can be used in conjunction with "Spike Downward" to gain further unintended height.
- Cone Mouth Kirby has a unique "Appeal" animation. If the player presses a direction on the Control Pad, Kirby will perform a long upside-down head-spin.
- The cone Kirby uses to take on this ability can vary in appearance. Typically, a large orange Traffic Cone is used, but others include a black metal Speaker and a Soft-Serve Traffic Cone.
Kirby defeating Tortuilding using Cone Mouth
Official short animation from HAL based on Cone Mouth (JP).
Names in other languages
|European French||Cône transmorphé||Transmorphed cone|
|European Spanish||Cono transmórfico||Transmorphic cone|