|“||When friends combine their power, they can form a ring! This big hoop rolls down slopes, picking up items, and if you hold the jump button, the hoop will spring high--BOING! It's a great way to avoid gaps.||”|
— Kirby Star Allies Pause Screen description
Friend Circle is a situational Friend Ability present in Kirby Star Allies. It allows Kirby and his friends to form up and take the shape of a wheel, allowing them to roll down hills, crushing any foes in the way. To activate this ability, four Friends are needed (it doesn't matter which friends) and a Friend Platform must be found in the stage. Once activated, the Friend Circle allows the friends to move quickly down hills. While moving, they are invulnerable to attack, but they can still fall into bottomless pits. To prevent this, they can perform a single jump, which can vary in height depending on how long the player holds down the button.
|Friend Circle move-set in Kirby Star Allies|
|Jump||A/B||The Friend Circle jumps for a short height and then very quickly falls back down to earth.|
|Jump high||Press and hold A/B||The Friend Circle leaps into the air for a long time before touching the ground again.|
The Friend Circle is used in the following stages:
- An attack for Hyness has him and The Three Mage-Sisters use a variant of the Friend Circle, called the デクころがり (Rag Doll Circle).
- The Three Mage-Sisters as a Dream Friend are able to use a variant of the Friend Circle, called Sister Circle.
- The Friend Circle is depicted on a Character Treat in Kirby's Dream Buffet, using its Kirby Star Allies artwork.
- If Kirby falls into a bottomless pit while using Friend Circle (and entered the area while using it), he will be reset along with his friends from the start, still in formation. In Story Mode, Kirby will still lose whichever ability he had on hand, however.
- In Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension III, after the end of a Friend Circle section, if one ally is removed before Kirby loses a life, then he and his remaining allies will not respawn in Friend Circle formation, instead spawning regularly as if they weren't in a Friend Circle.
- One of Kirby's Stone transformations in Star Allies resembles the Friend Circle formation as depicted in the main artwork.
- When a Friend Circle section ends, the Star Allies will come out of their formation by falling on their face and then brushing themselves off. The only exceptions are Meta Knight and Dark Meta Knight, who land on their feet and look around curiously. This also happens with Friend Train.
- Both the regular Friend Circle and Sister Circle leave a trail of pink, blue, and yellow star particle effects when rolling. However, Hyness's Rag Doll Circle has him leaving a trail of purple star effects instead.
Activating Friend Circle in Kirby Star Allies
The Friend Circle in action in Friendly Field
Kirby spots a Friend Circle Platform off to the side in Heavenly Hall
The Friend Circle rolls down the halls to escape the crumbling fortress
Activating the first Friend Circle in Jambandra
Hyness using his variant of the Friend Circle, Rag Doll Circle
The Three Mage-Sisters using their variant of the Friend Circle, Sister Circle
Kirby and co. use the Friend Circle in Heroes in Another Dimension - Dimension III
Credits image of Heroes in Another Dimension, featuring the Friend Circle
Names in other languages
méng yǒu gǔn lún
méng yǒu gǔn lún
|French||Cercle d'amis||Friend circle|
|Italian||Circolo amici||Friend circle|
|Portuguese||Círculo de amizade||Friendship circle|
|Spanish||Círculo de amistad||Friendship circle|