Last Battle Ability
From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.Jump to navigationJump to search
List of Last Battle Abilities
- Star Rod (Kirby's Adventure / Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land) - Obtained by collecting each of the seven pieces from each major boss in the game. Kirby uses the Star Rod to defeat Nightmare by firing stars at him.
- Rainbow Sword (Kirby's Dream Land 2) - Obtained by collecting all the Rainbow Drops, then defeating King Dedede. Kirby uses this sword to battle Dark Matter. Unlike most final weapons, this one has no ranged attack, but it can reflect Dark Matter's projectiles back at it for extra damage.
- Starship (Kirby Super Star / Kirby Super Star Ultra) - Obtained by combining seven stars in Milky Way Wishes, Kirby uses the ship to chase down and stop Galactic Nova before it can grant Marx's wish of world domination. This ability changes the game's functionality to a side-scrolling shoot-'em-up, like the Kabula battle in Kirby's Dream Land. Unlike the other weapons, it is not used to battle the final boss directly.
- Love-Love Stick (Kirby's Dream Land 3) - Obtained by collecting all the Heart Stars in each level, then defeating King Dedede. Kirby uses this stick in much the same way as the Star Rod to battle Dark Matter, then Zero.
- Ribbon's Crystal (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards) - Obtained by collecting all the Crystal Shards, then defeating Miracle Matter. Kirby and Ribbon pair up to use this ability, firing crystal projectiles at 0² to defeat it. This was the first weapon to be utilized in a 3D scenario, being a "rail shooter" instead of a side-scroller.
- Master (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) - Obtained after defeating Dark Meta Knight. Also known as the Galaxia, Kirby is given this sword by Meta Knight just prior to facing Dark Mind. Unlike most final weapons, it is possible to lose this weapon, though losing it will not make the final boss unbeatable. Master can also be used outside of the final boss fight, where it can serve as a multipurpose tool for various tasks, including pounding Posts, lighting Fuses, and cutting String Platforms.
- Triple Star (Kirby: Squeak Squad) - Obtained by defeating Dark Daroach. Kirby is given this cane by Daroach, and uses it to battle Dark Nebula. Much like Master, it can be used on a multitude of puzzles, and can potentially be lost. Otherwise, its primary function is to fire three encircling star orbs at the enemy to deal damage.
- Landia (Kirby's Return to Dream Land) - Landia is a four-headed dragon who helps Kirby and his friends take on Magolor after being betrayed by him. Landia splits into four separate dragons to accommodate each hero, and controls similarly to the Starship from Super Star. Also like the Starship, Landia is not used to battle Magolor in his final state, merely to bring down the Lor Starcutter.
- Halberd Mode (Kirby: Planet Robobot) - To battle against the final boss, Star Dream, Kirby combines his Robobot Armor with the Halberd to take to outer space and fight this planet-sized threat. Its functionality is very similar to Ribbon's Crystal.
- Star Allies Sparkler (Kirby Star Allies) - A special version of the Friend Star is formed to do battle with the Destroyer of Worlds, Void Termina. This ability is the first one to give Kirby full movement in three dimensions, unlike previous 3D abilities being restricted to "rails".
Kirby and friends on the Star Allies Sparkler
- Aside from Kirby's Dream Land, which does not have abilities at all, Kirby: Triple Deluxe is the only other mainline game that does not have a Last Battle Ability. Instead, Kirby consumes a Miracle Fruit and is given Hypernova one last time to confront Queen Sectonia's final form.