Dark Matter Clone
|Creating this dark swordsman pushed Star Dream to the limits of its abilities. The cloning process was a success, but only a partial data analysis was possible, and its true form has not yet emerged.|
— Kirby: Planet Robobot Pause Screen description
Dark Matter Clone is a surprise Boss encountered near the end of Meta Knightmare Returns in Kirby: Planet Robobot. It is not the real Dark Matter, but fights much like its incarnation in Kirby's Dream Land 2.
|As a new admin, you must supply your credentials... to the strongest warriors of this planet. Executing Sword_Master.EXE.|
— Star Dream - addressing Meta Knight in Meta Knightmare Returns
After defeating President Haltmann 2.0, Meta Knight, presuming his work finished, makes a triumphant pose. Then, the supercomputer Star Dream activates behind him. The computer proclaims Meta Knight to be the new admin, and as such, vets him through a special credential process dubbed "Sword_Master.EXE", where he must prove his worth as a swordfighter. The first challenge Star Dream sends is the clone of Dark Matter in his Swordsman form.
The following lists all of Dark Matter Clone's attacks in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
|Attacks - Phase 1|
|Dark Sword Beam|
|Dark Orb Shot|
When Dark Matter Clone is reduced to half health, it pauses for a brief moment, regains composure, and a single large eye appears on its torso, resembling Dark Matter's characteristic eye.
|Attacks - Phase 2|
|Dark Beam Wave|
Once Dark Matter Clone is defeated, it dissolves back into the purple goo from whence it was formed, collapsing tumultuously in on itself before exploding.
- Main article: Vs. Dark Matter (theme from Kirby's Dream Land 2)
Dark Matter Clone's theme is titled Reproduction of Darkness (暗黒の復刻 in Japanese). It's an arrangement utilizing Dark Matter's themes of both forms from Kirby's Dream Land 2.
- The rainbow aura that sometimes appears around Dark Matter Clone's sword is a reference to the Rainbow Sword that Kirby used to defeat Dark Matter in Kirby's Dream Land 2.
- During the "Kirby: Planet Robobot Drawing and Screenshot Challenge" on Miiverse, it was explained that this rainbow aura was the result of Dark Matter's lingering memories of the Rainbow Sword when fighting Kirby, which got transferred into the clone.
- When defeated, the clone dissolves into the purple goo it once formed from. Just before it explodes, it briefly takes the shape of Real Dark Matter, its true form.
- Interestingly, the text that appears before fighting it in The True Arena in the American English version calls it Dark Matter Blade rather than "Dark Matter Clone". Given that its Japanese name is クローン剣士ダークマター (Clone Swordsman Dark Matter), it can be assumed that the full name is Dark Matter Blade Clone and it was simply abbreviated due to character limits. In the British English version, it is referred to as "Dark Matter Clone" instead of "Dark Matter Blade" in both The True Arena Rest Area and during the battle itself.
Names in other languages
Kurōn Kenshi Dāku Matā
|Clone Swordsman Dark Matter|
|French||Clone de Matière Noire||Dark Matter Clone|