- This article is about the Copy Ability. For the Nintendo 64 video game, see Super Smash Bros. For the series, see Super Smash Bros. (series).
Smash Bros., known as Smash prior to Kirby: Planet Robobot, is a rare Copy Ability that debuted in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. This ability allows Kirby to attack with his moveset in the Super Smash Bros. series, including all of his special moves (save for Inhale since Smash is an ability).
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Notably, the Smash ability can be obtained by swallowing two Noddys and letting the Ability Mix roulette stop on its own in this game. This can be easily done in Candy Constellation - Room 7 before the Copy Ability Testing Area is unlocked.
|Smash moveset in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror |
|Skill||Button Execution||Damage||Skill||Button Execution||Damage|
|2 (upper slash)
6 (down slash)
|Reference: A Star Bullet deals 10 damage.|
Using Final Cutter in Rainbow Route
Using Vulcan Jab in Radish Ruins
Using Hammer in Candy Constellation
Using Final Cutter on Box Boxer
Using Twinkle Star in Candy Constellation
Kirby's Dream Collection: New Challenge Stages
|Smash moveset in New Challenge Stages |
|Skill||Button Execution||Skill||Button Execution|
Kirby: Planet Robobot
This ability returns under its current name in Kirby: Planet Robobot, with an updated moveset based on Kirby in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U. The Guard in this version of the ability resembles the bubble shields used by all characters in the Super Smash Bros. series, though in this case, it won't break.
|Smash Bros. moveset in Kirby: Planet Robobot |
|Kirby performs his standard attack from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.
||5→3 (2nd hit onward)|
|Kirby performs his side smash attack from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.
||24 (no charge)→12 (2nd hit onward)|
27 (1st charge)
30 (2nd/max charge)
|Kirby performs his neutral aerial attack from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.||16→8 (2nd hit onward)|
|Kirby performs his side special move from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.
||Flame during charging:|
7→3 (2nd hit onward)
|Kirby performs Hammer Kirby's same move: He does a single hammer swing in midair.||26|
|Kirby performs Hammer Kirby's same move: He does a quick 2-hit hammer swing in midair.||16×2|
|Kirby performs his up special move from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.||Initial: 9→6 (2nd hit onward)|
Upper: 7→2 (2nd hit onward)
Aerial turn: 4→2 (2nd hit onward)
Down: 7→2 (2nd hit onward)
Shockwave: 20→15 (2nd hit onward)
|Kirby performs his down special move from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.||Stone: 40→8 (2nd hit onward)|
Landing: 20→8 (2nd hit onward)
Release: 20→1 (2nd hit onward)
|Aerial version of Stone Change.||Same as Stone Change|
|Kirby performs his up throw from his Super Smash Bros. moveset.||Drop: 50|
|Kirby guards with the bubble shield from the Super Smash Bros. series.
How to Obtain
- Patched Plains - Stage 4
- Overload Ocean - Stage 1
- Rhythm Route - Stage 2
- Access Ark - Stage 1
- Access Ark - Stage 5
- Copy Ability Testing Area
|Kirby & The Amazing Mirror||Attack with... familiar fighting moves. Press B with the Control Pad for different smashing attacks.|
|Kirby: Planet Robobot||American English: You're ready to rumble! You got the Smash Bros. ability!
British English: A challenger approaches! You got the Smash Bros. ability!
- When using the Hammer on the ground, Smash Bros. Kirby swings it upward rather than downward, to mimic the way he attacks in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- In Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Smash Kirby's Hammer Spin (9 damage) is more powerful than the original version of Hammer Kirby (5 damage). In Kirby: Planet Robobot, however, both versions have the same power.
- Smash Bros. Kirby retains his Hammer Spin / Giant Swing in more recent movesets, despite not using that move in Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
- Additionally, Smash Kick and Hammer Flip can be charged for even more damage and/or reach, just like in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
- The only truly unique move of Smash Bros. Kirby is Twinkle Star, as no other Copy Ability contains this attack. This move is Kirby's neutral aerial attack in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Ability Star from Kirby: Planet Robobot
Names in other languages
|The official abbreviation of スマッシュブラザーズ (Smash Bros.)|
|French||Super Smash||Super Smash|
|Spanish||Súper Smash||Super Smash|
|Super Smash Bros. series|
|Super Smash Bros. ・ Super Smash Bros. Melee ・ Super Smash Bros. Brawl ・ Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U ・ Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|