Wiz is a wizard or magician Boss that only appears in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. In the game, he guards the Mirror Shard of Peppermint Palace and can be fought again in Boss Endurance.
Wiz has no visible arms, legs, or face, apart from two yellow eyes. He wears a black and white top hat, a red cape and white gloves and holds a wand.
Wiz is fought in a room with three platforms above the ground. He may move to any area besides the middle platform, charging into Kirby on his way. He attacks by summoning various enemies and objects from his hat. He hides in his hat when doing so, becoming totally invincible.
|Droppy||None unless it steals Kirby's ability, in which case it gives that ability.|
Wiz has 80 HP and can be defeated by 8 Star Bullets which deal 10 damage per shot. He has a minor resistance to several types of attacks:
- Electric: -1 damage from Beam (or 'Chain Beam' from UFO), Spark
- Fire: -1 damage from Bomb, Burning, Fire, 'Hammer Flip' from Hammer, Laser (or lasers of all charge levels from U.F.O.), Master
- Ice: -1 damage from Ice
- Slash: -1 damage from Cutter, Cupid, Sword
- Wiz behaves similarly to Paint Roller, a boss from Kirby's Adventure and its remake.
- Wiz and several other bosses can be found on the stained glass windows from King Golem's room in Moonlight Mansion.
Names in other languages
Possibly, from Middle English "magy"
|German||Magico||Nickname for a "magician"|
|Italian||Kissà Josè||Name that resembles the phrase "Chissà cos'è" (Wonder what it is)|
Josè is a given name equivalent to "Joseph"