Magolor Race 3
|Magolor won't be fooling around this time. He wants to win! Be careful, Kirby!
— Magolor Race 3 Caption
Magolor Race 3 is the third stage of Last Land in New Challenge Stages, unlocked after completing the Smash Combat Chamber and Normal Challenge. It pits Kirby against Magolor in a race to the finish, allowing Kirby to use any of the Copy Abilities available in New Challenge Stages. The window of time to earn a Platinum Medal is 0:58 or lower.
The stage consists of one long unbroken chamber, with a more or less straight hall similar to the one in Magolor Race 1. Magolor starts the race in gentleman-like fashion by throwing magic projectiles at Kirby that he has to dodge. After leaping across a series of platforms, Magolor summons some enemies in to block a short ascent. Kirby will also need to break through a Bomb Block barrier to advance. From there, he needs to break more such barriers to get down on the other side before three more magic bolts fire at him. Magolor then follows this up with a giant gear to chase Kirby for a while until he gets to the bottom. Up ahead, Magolor summons even more enemies to get in Kirby's way. From there, things get more intense as Magolor fires more magic missiles along with enemies to try and trip Kirby up. After that, Kirby has to run across fragile bridges as several giant gears come crashing down. In the final stretch, Kirby will have to collect the last line of coins as three more magic volleys get sent at him. The finish line lays just beyond.
There are a few things to keep in mind when aiming for Platinum on this stage, though it should be noted that the strategies listed here are by no means the only ones that will do the job:
- Generally speaking, an ideal race will largely ignore Magolor, as he is little more than a hazard. However, he does force Kirby to keep a good pace, since Magolor speeds up when he falls behind and can potentially steal a race if Kirby trips up at the end, even if previous sections were done flawlessly.
- Magolor can steal coins that he flies over. As such, Kirby will need to make sure he leaves none behind.
- The ability that is chosen for Kirby will greatly affect the tactics needed to confront each obstacle on this track. All of them are capable of earning a Platinum, though which one should be used is up to the player's preference.
- "All of the Copy Abilities are available for this final race."
- "But watch out. Magolor has a new trick up his sleeve: magical attacks!"
- "Now, pick your favorite Copy Ability and give it everything you've got!"
- "Try out different Copy Abilities. Victory may depend on your choice!"
- "Don't be too greedy for coins. Winning the race is more important!"
- "Jump and dodge Magolor's attacks. Getting hit will waste a lot of time!"
In addition to "Interdimensional Traveler", there is a chance that "Ultra-Super Boss Battle" from Kirby's Return to Dream Land will play instead. The screen before the race itself plays "Dangerous Dinner" from the same game.
Names in other languages
VS Mahoroa Fainaru
|VS Mahoroa Final
"Mahoroa" is Magolor's Japanese name.
Platinum Rank run of Magolor Race 3 using the Smash ability.