Smash Combat Chamber
|“||The ultimate challenge! Can you master Kirby's Smash moves?||”|
— Smash Combat Chamber Caption
Smash Combat Chamber is the first stage of Last Land in New Challenge Stages. It tests Kirby's proficiency with the Smash Copy Ability in a series of chambers, where the goal is to defeat all the enemies and collect all the coins as quickly as possible. The window of time to earn a Platinum Medal is 1:10 or higher.
Completing this stage is necessary to unlock the third Magolor Race.
The stage consists of three long chambers, broken up by three smaller rooms with Food and coins in them.
The first area begins in a room featuring three thin floors in a familiar pattern, where a large number of enemies associated with various abilities appear to ambush Kirby. There are quite a lot of them, and each one is unique, but defeating them causes the floor to sink to a lower position, where the Mid-Boss King Doo appears to challenge Kirby. Defeating King Doo causes a line of coins to appear and opens the door to the next area.
The next room is a small one, where a Rope platform guards three food items. There's nothing else here, so Kirby can move on if he does not need to heal up.
The following area starts in a cramped space with searing hot walls and a small thin floor in the middle. Several Degouts, Mumbies, and Scarfies appear here, and Kirby can defeat them more quickly by knocking them into the walls. Once they are all defeated, the floor lowers into a wider space with searing hot walls where Dubior appears to challenge Kirby. Once it is defeated, Kirby can collect more coins and move on to the next room.
Another small room awaits Kirby, featuring Stakes connected to barriers that hold more food and a few coins. Kirby will need to pound the upper stake to get at the coins before continuing.
The following area features a wider series of thin floors with openings in the walls on the left and right sides. A lot of Waddle Dees appear here, which will need to be dealt with before they waltz out of reach. Among them, a Gold Waddle Dee appears, which Kirby will want to deal with quickly. Once they are all gone, the floor lowers into a big open space, where Gigant Edge and Kibble Blade appear simultaneously to challenge Kirby. Once both are defeated, the door to the next area opens.
The last room features a Star Block formation that spells out the number "20". Inside this formation are more coins to collect. From there, the stage exit awaits.
There are a few things to keep in mind when aiming for Platinum on this stage, though it should be noted that the strategies listed here are by no means the only ones that will do the job:
- Unlike most stages, not all bonuses are needed to get Platinum here. As such, it is okay if the run is not perfect.
- There are food items in the stage that can be used to recover health, but an ideal run will result in Kirby not taking damage at any point, so these food items should be ignored.
- The Final Cutter attack is very handy for clearing out large groups of enemies due to its great reach and shockwave at the end.
- The Hammer move does massive damage, making it very useful against the Mid-Bosses on this stage.
- Additionally, Smash Kick allows Kirby to pass through enemies unharmed, making it useful for crossing up Mid-Bosses.
- Both Hammer and Stone can be used to pound down Stakes, while Final Cutter can be used to cut Ropes.
- One track that plays in this stage is the Drag Race theme from Kirby Air Ride. Given its similarity to the Battlefield theme from Super Smash Bros. Melee, this choice is probably not a coincidence. The other song that may play is "City Trial: City (Backside)" from Kirby Air Ride, which bears similarity to the menu theme from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- The first room in this stage has a platform layout that is nearly identical to the Battlefield layout seen in the Super Smash Bros. games.
- The appearance of so many different ability-providing enemies in this room is also likely a reference to Multi-Man Smash.
Names in other languages
|Smash Bros. Deathmatch|
Platinum Rank run of the Smash Combat Chamber.