Great Cave Escape
- This article is about the level in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and should not be confused with The Great Cave Offensive.
Great Cave Escape is the third stage of Green Valley in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. This stage has Kirby spelunking inside of a cave with cracked brown walls. Waterfalls filter down through holes in the ceiling and cannons are used to navigate between areas. Bronto Burt, Carpa, and Gordo appear for the first time in this stage. Completing this level unlocks stage 1-Boss The Forest of Whispy Woods.
Area 1: Kirby falls from the sky into a deep cavern. Water appears for the first time, requiring the player to use the Rainbow Rope to manipulate the environment and move Kirby simultaneously. After making short work of some Cottas, a Launch Cannon jettisons Kirby deeper into the cave.
Area 2: Kirby must travel left in this area, crossing under several waterfalls and going even deeper into the cave before coming back up and using a cannon to launch himself to the other side of the area, breaking the red blocks near the ceiling of the area in the process. A pink Bronto Burt and Gordo are seen in this area for the first time. A treasure near the left side of the area requires Kirby's Star Dash to break through the metal blocks guarding it.
Area 3: After entering the area by cannon, Kirby must cross under a large waterfall littered with Carpa, one of which is carrying a medium point star. Collecting the large point star at the top of the waterfall will allow the player to use Kirby's Star Dash to break the metal blocks, providing access to the time-challenge door and another treasure. A blue Bronto Burt is seen here for the first time. Finding a secret switch in this area will cause a flood of point stars and a 1-Up to fall down a waterfall.
Area 4: A giant waterfall pushes Kirby deeper into the cave. Using Star Dash to the left provides access to milk and an extra life. After making his way through a maze of Gordos and timing a cannon launch across a waterfall, Kirby is launched upwards.
Area 5: A secluded room in the cave is home to the roulette wheel where shafts of light pierce the ceiling to reveal a beautiful flower.
- Gordo Figurine - At the leftmost side of area two, use Star Dash to break the metal blocks guarding this treasure.
- Bronto Burt Figurine - This is the treasure that the player sees upon entering area two, access to it is blocked by red blocks. Entering the cannon at the leftmost side of area two will blast Kirby all the way to the other side and expose this treasure.
- Through the Sky Music - In area three, break the metal blocks using Kirby's Star Dash to access the time-challenge door. Defeat the Cottas within the time limit to get the treasure.
- Carpa Figurine - Near the left side of area three, a Carpa slowly climbs a waterfall. Use the Rainbow Rope to stop the flow and then grab the treasure.
- Vegetable Valley Music- Using Star Dash to get past the Gray Zone in area three will launch Kirby into a Bell. Lead Kirby into the gray zone at a high angle to have him fall onto the treasure, or try and guide him while he's star dashing.
- Bronze - 0-299?
- Silver - 300-399?
- Gold - 400+
Names in other languages
|Canadian French||La grande évasion de la caverne||The great escape from the cave|