From WiKirby, your independent source of Kirby knowledge.
||There was once a painting said to depict a pair of sisters separated at birth. It slept, unnoticed, in a painter's studio for countless years before it came to life and vowed revenge on the world.
— Triple Deluxe Boss description
Paintra is a boss making her debut in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. She resembles a witch, but is in fact a living painting, brought to life by the magic power of Taranza. Paintra bears a colorful outfit, complete with two paintbrushes for feet, and attacks by spreading paint, firing energy blasts, and painting pictures that come to life to attack her enemies, much like Ado ado Adeleine from previous games would. Paintra is the boss of Triple Deluxe's second Level, Lollipop Land, and she is also battled in The Arena and in Stage 4 of Royal Road.
The following lists all of Paintra's attacks in Story Mode and The Arena in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Attacks in italics are used in the second phase of the fight only.
Paintra paints the screen in two different swaths, obscuring the player's view of the action.
Paintra in the process of painting the cannon balls that will drop on Kirby. The one on the left is the fake one.
|Attacks - Normal
||Paintra fires three or more orbs of energy in a set path that can be inhaled and spat back at the boss. Paintra will do this move twice in succession in the second phase, usually after a Screen Paint.
||Paintra flies into the foreground, painting the screen in various patterns, often making it more difficult for the player to see what is happening on the screen. This technique breaks the fourth wall. More patterns are available in the second phase.
||Paintra approaches Kirby and swipes twice with her paintbrush feet in large arcs, producing stars on the second swipe. She will then re-position and attempt this move again.
||Paintra flies into the background, and starts spinning rapidly, releasing many globs of paint that can be inhaled and spat back at an appropriate time. She then finishes by splatting paint on the screen.
||Paintra spins in place and fires rapid bursts of paint toward the ground, making stars erupt from the impact spot. She then re-positions and fires again.
||Paintra flies into the background and attempts to ram Kirby in a dive. This creates stars where she touches the stage.
| Painting Assault
||Paintra summons a number of blank canvases, then paints various objects on them, which then pop off the canvas and deal various effects. One of the paintings is a fake and will not do anything, and in fact can often be inhaled and spat back at Paintra. The following are objects that Paintra can paint:
- Iron Cannon Balls (3) - The real ones fall down and can squish Kirby, but leave small stars on impact.
- Spiked Metal Drill Rods (3) - The real ones extend outward from the canvas and leave stars on impact. The fake one can't be inhaled, since it's in the background.
- Landia (4) - The real ones breathe fire, and will attempt to aim toward Kirby. The fake one can't be inhaled, since it's in the background.
- Paintra Clones (3) - After painting them, Paintra shuffles herself with them. The three paintings can be inhaled and spat at the real Paintra, but Kirby must be quick about it, lest she will hex them and make them explode.
- Cannons (4) - The real ones fire three successive shots toward the stage at varying angles. The fake one can't be inhaled, since it's in the background.
| Canvas Attack
||Paintra summons a giant canvas sheet to cover the background and flies behind it. Paintra will then attempt to ram Kirby through the canvas a number of times, once or more.
Upon defeat, Paintra is sucked back into the painting she came from, then the painting shatters with her inside.
- One of the objects that Paintra paints is Landia, a prominent boss from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Additionally, Paintra DX paints Landia EX.
- Her name is a pun on "paint", which she uses in her boss fight.
- There is a possibility that Paintra might be Drawcia's sister due to them both having paint-based moves, Paintra's description stating that she and her sister were separated at the time of their birth, and them both having a similar appearance and name.
- Paintra is also revealed as a female in her DededeTour pause screen description, but as a hermaphroditic entity in her story mode pause screen description, most likely because Kirby did not know about her identity.
Names in other languages