|“||This flaming guardian can breathe fire but will drop its guard when tired.||”|
— Patch Plaza description
Fangora is a green dragon, with red wings. Its tongue is triangularly shaped at the end, and on the other side is a button which Kirby can pull on. It has yellow horns and claws. The last aspect of Fangora is the triangular pattern down its back.
Tossing this patch causes a watering can to appear, which waters the beanstalk planted by the prior patch, causing it to grow even taller. Once it reaches its maximum height, the door above opens to reveal this stage.
Fangora serves as the boss of Grass Land, and is unlocked after using the Watering Can Patch obtained from Big-Bean Vine. Completing this stage is required to gain access to Hot Land, and obtaining a high bead score is necessary to obtain the Mole Patch and access Mole Hole.
Fangora attacks Kirby in three primary ways, with the first two involving blowing gusts of wind first.
- The first is by firing its tongue at Kirby, with the number of times varying on how many times it has been hit.
- The next attack is by firing fiery breaths at Kirby. The number of times also varies on how many times it has been hit.
The two attacks alternate. Each time after each attack, Fangora will then let the button on the back side of its tongue drop. Kirby can now use his yarn rope to attack Fangora with the button. It will now lose many beads and perform its third attack.
- This attack has Fangora flying up, then dropping down in the background. It will then appear where Kirby was standing, which can be shown by the movement of the yarns in the background. Kirby must move away from that area to not get hit. It will then blow its wings and perform the attack it didn't perform last.
Another way Fangora can be attacked is by using the yarn rope to grab the fiery breaths, and firing them back at Fangora. This, however, only gives beads to Kirby rather than hurt Fangora. Fangora must be hit thrice through the tongue method in order to be defeated, with the last attack being performed twice.
In the Devilish Mode, the Me-Devil appears during this boss battle. Fangora makes another appearance during the Yin-Yarn fight, being his first creation. This Fangora, however, only takes one hit to be defeated.
Medal Bead scores
- Bronze - 300 points
- Silver - 550 points
- Gold - 800 points
- Patch - 1100 points
A perfect score in this stage is 1250 points.
- Fangora was one of the first bosses in the game to be revealed, alongside Hot Wings.
- Fangora's button that Kirby uses to defeat him has a different design in one of the earlier trailers for the game.
Flawless fight with Fangora.
Names in other languages
|From a partial repetition of「ドラゴン」(doragon, dragon) and possibly「ワンワン」(wan-wan, onomatopoeia for a dog's bark), describing its teeth|
|French||Dragrognon||Portmanteau of "dragon" and "grognon" (grumpy)|
|Italian||Dragagliardo||A mix of "drago" (dragon) and "gagliardo" (mighty)|
|Portmanteau of "dragon" and "angora"|
|Spanish||Dragruñón||Portmanteau of "dragón" (dragon) and "gruñón" (grumpy)|