The Parachute is one of Kirby's transformations in Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. It activates when the player pushes 2 (the A button is used on the 3DS) while Kirby (or Prince Fluff) are midair. Performing this, Kirby/Prince Fluff then transforms into a parachute, and floats down slowly in a horizontal direction. However, this ability can be terminated at any time. Kirby and Prince Fluff are never damaged after performing this ability, so the Parachute form is merely an option that may lead to rewards, such as beads. The Parachute can also be used to catch wind currents, pushing the Parachute in the direction said current is blowing. This ability replaces Kirby's tradition of simply floating upwards, due to being made of string. The Parachute has only been seen in Kirby's Epic Yarn, and is one of the only two transformations possible while jumping; the other being the 2 Ton Kirby form.
Names in Other Languages
- "Press and hold 2 again while in the air." —Kirby's Epic Yarn manual (page 10)
- "Parachute When you transform into a parachute, you can slowly drift downward. Release 2 to transform back." —Kirby's Epic Yarn manual (page 10)
- "You use the Parachute transformation to glide slowly down through the air, but Kirby never gets hurt from falling from great heights. You would use this to collect beads in the air." —Official Site (description for Parachute)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn manual (page 32)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn manual (page 54)