Slash & Bead
|Collect Fuse Beads and defeat as many enemies as you can as you head for the goal.
Slice through enemies left and right with your famous sword!
— In-game description of Slash & Bead.
Slash & Bead tasks the masked swordsman with flying through courses in an auto-scrolling environment, collecting Fuse Beads and Luminas while defeating as many enemies as possible. Occasionally, an enemy ambush will appear with a set time limit, which Meta Knight can increase by a few seconds at a time if he defeats enough of them, allowing the wave to go on longer to potentially score more points. At the end of a stage, the player is given a score and rank depending on the results. A number of Fuse Bead Mats can also be earned for playing this game mode.
- Each Fuse Bead collected is worth one point.
- Luminas are worth 50 points each.
- Each enemy defeated is worth 5 points, and may also drop additional beads.
The following actions are available to Meta Knight during this game mode:
- Move - Any direction on + Control Pad or Circle Pad
- Slash - A (a three-step sword combo when repeatedly pressed)
- Piercing Slash - B (grants momentary intangibility)
- Special - R (defeats enemies and draws beads toward Meta Knight when his gauge is full)
Meta Knight is capable of flying freely through the air along with running on the ground. He can also use the Piercing Slash in any direction.
Slash & Bead consists of the following stages, which are unlocked by progressing through the main game of Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn:
|Stages of Slash & Bead|
|Stage Nr.||Image||Unlock Req.||Rank thresholds||Notes|
|Stage 1||Available at start.||???||Based on Fountain Gardens.|
|Stage 2||Defeat Hot Wings in Hot Land.||???||Based on Temper Temple.|
|Stage 3||Defeat Capamari in Water Land.||???||Based on Tube Town.|
|Stage 4||Defeat Meta Knight in Space Land.||???||Based on Battleship Halberd, and features the Combo Cannon and Reactor.|
- Despite the description, Meta Knight does not actually appear to be using his famous sword for this game.
- The Piercing Slash move is similar in look and function to Meta Knight's Drill Rush technique from the Super Smash Bros. games.
Names in other languages
Meta Naito Surasshu
|Meta Knight Slash|
|French||Meta Knight taillade||Meta Knight slash|
|German||Meta-Knights Schlacht||Meta Knight's Battle|
|Italian||Meta Knight tritatutto||Meta Knight mincer|
|Spanish||Meta Knight desatado||Meta Knight unleash|