Dedede Gogogo - Stage 2
Dedede Gogogo - Stage 2 is the second stage of the Dedede Gogogo Sub-Game in Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. This stage bears a strong resemblance to Flower Fields from the main game, with rolling hills and tall flowers shown in the background. Rotating flower wheels and moving platforms are also featured prominently in this stage. It is unlocked once the player defeats Fangora in Grass Land. The main theme of Dedede Gogogo plays throughout the stage.
From the very beginning, this stage requires King Dedede to smash various obstacles with his hammer, from Star Bead Blocks to yarn moles and Red Buttonbees. Dedede will also encounter the first rotating flower wheel early in the stage. The first large bell of the stage is found shortly after, between two more flower wheels. Red Buttonbees and block walls of various heights continue to crowd Dedede's path as he progresses through the landscape.
In the next section of Stage 2, Dedede must jump between particularly small flower wheels, being careful not to fall into the depths below. He will then find safety on a much larger flower wheel, after which is the second large bell of the stage. Proceeding past the bell, Dedede is once again tested with walls of Star Bead Blocks and Cloth Blocks, this time with greater frequency. He must also jump over a Boom Block along the way.
Here begins a section of the stage with plenty of moving platforms. King Dedede is encouraged to jump onto the first one by a yarn mole that appears from the ground before it. When Dedede lands on these platforms, they will quickly move upward, so the player must be able to react to the Star Bead Blocks that suddenly block Dedede's path. After jumping between multiple consecutive moving platforms, King Dedede will encounter a Sneak Sack, beginning a chase sequence.
During the Sneak Sack chase sequence, King Dedede must contend with a yarn mole, a Boom Block, and another flower wheel that will slow him down should he stay on it for too long. If King Dedede is quick enough, he will then smash the Sneak Sack as well as a tall wall of blocks shortly thereafter.
In the final stretch of this stage, Dedede will encounter a Red Buttonbee followed by a wall of blocks, this time with Boom Blocks at the top to discourage Dedede from jumping. Dedede will then encounter the third bell of the stage next to another rotating flower wheel. From the flower wheel, King Dedede must jump onto a platform that moves horizontally towards him, smashing more blocks and Buttonbees as he goes. He will then find himself on yet another flower wheel, which he must wait on until he can reach a platform that slowly moves downward. In one final triumphant jump, Dedede can strike the fourth large bell of Stage 2 before arriving at the goal bell and finishing the level in style.
Listed below are the blocks, enemies and other obstacles that appear in Stage 2 of Dedede Gogogo. Obstacles are listed in the order that they appear.
- Star Bead Block: A block that can be smashed with King Dedede's hammer to gain 5 beads.
- Cloth Block: A block that can be smashed with King Dedede's hammer.
- Boom Block: A block that explodes when collided with. King Dedede will lose speed and 50 Fuse Beads if he touches this block.
- Denim Block: Solid blocks that cannot be destroyed. King Dedede can jump over or slide under these blocks.
- Yarn mole: Enemies that appear from the ground as King Dedede approaches. They can be jumped over or smashed with Dedede's hammer.
- Red Buttonbee: Bee enemies that can be found hovering in midair. When hit with Dedede's hammer, Red Buttonbees will bounce off the ground and go flying, leaving a trail of Fuse Beads behind them.
- Sneak Sack: Foes that run from King Dedede and, similarily to Red Buttonbees, create a trail of beads as they move. King Dedede moves slightly faster than Sneak Sack.
- Rotating flower wheel: A rotating circular platform. When King Dedede runs on these platforms, his horizontal position does not change. Rotating flower wheels can either be large or small. These platforms often have beads around their circumferences, which Dedede can collect if he remains on the wheel for a short while.
- Moving platform: Long semisolid platforms that have four variants. Some variants quickly move upward or downward when King Dedede walks on them, while others slowly move left or down until a certain point. To reach the latter, Dedede must wait on a rotating flower platform for a short period of time.
Listed below are the minimum number of points required to achieve each rank threshold in Stage 2 of Dedede Gogogo.
- C Rank: 0 points
- B Rank: 600 points
- A Rank: 1100 points
- S Rank: 1400 points
The table below describes the locations of all 8 Luminas in Stage 2 of Dedede Gogogo. Luminas resemble regular Fuse Beads, but they are larger and rainbow-colored. Collecting a Lumina nets 50 points to the player.
|Lumina locations in Dedede Gogogo - Stage 2|
|Lumina||Location||How to obtain|
|1||In midair, just after the first rotating flower wheel.||Stay on the flower wheel until it produces an arc of beads in the sky with a Lumina at the end.|
|2||After the first tall wall of Cloth Blocks and Star Bead Blocks.||This Lumina is on King Dedede's path and is thus easily obtained.|
|3||After the second tall wall of Cloth Blocks and Star Bead Blocks.||Quickly jump after smashing through the block wall.|
|4||Shortly after the second large bell of the stage.||This Lumina is on King Dedede's path and is thus easily obtained.|
|5||Immediately before the Sneak Sack chase sequence, on the last of three consecutive moving platforms.||Perform a Head Slide.|
|6||Five or so seconds into the Sneak Sack chase sequence, on a floating island.||Perform a Head Slide underneath Denim Blocks.|
|7||Just before the third large bell of the stage.||This Lumina is on King Dedede's path and is thus easily obtained.|
|8||On the final moving platform of the stage, which moves slowly downward toward King Dedede.||Wait on a rotating flower platform until the moving platform is within jumping distance.|
|8||Near the end of the level, past a tall wall of cloth and Star Bead Blocks.||Quickly jump after smashing through the wall of blocks.|