|The villain of Treat Land has more than a few mean tricks up his sleeve!|
— Patch Plaza description
Squashini is a magician with a pumpkin head. He wears a black suit, a red bowtie and a top hat with a pink flower, and wields a magician's staff.
Squashini has four tricks up his sleeve, though only three will be used in the fight's beginning.
- The first is the hat trick. Squashini will disappear into his hat and then will land with two other hats, with Kirby and Prince Fluff having no way to figure out which one he is in. To make matters even more confusing, Squashini will rearrange the three hats and Kirby must pick one by opening it with his yarn whip. If he doesn't guess right, he will either get hit by fire or have an enemy go after him.
- Squashini's next trick is the card trick. He will throw cards at the ground, each landing perfectly. Kirby can use his yarn whip to grab it and then throw it at Squashini, who he can then use his yarn whip on to attack.
- The third trick of Squashini is the red cover trick. Squashini will raise a red tarp up and down, and a bomb will eventually be balanced on it. After some time, multiple bombs will fall, which Kirby can then grab and throw at him.
Squashini will reveal his weakness on his head if he takes enough damage. Then, Squashini's weakness must get hit by Kirby's whip three times to be defeated.
The final trick can be debatable on whether it is a trick or not. The curtain that the player was viewing from will close and something can be seen struggling. When it reopens, the player can then see Kirby tied up against a bomb. He must keep struggling to escape and, if he hits the bell on top with his whip, beads will fall out. If he does not get out before the bomb explodes, he will get hurt. If he escapes, nothing happens.
When Squashini is defeated, Kirby and Prince Fluff get the fourth piece of Magic Yarn, and open the route to Water Land. Additionally, if enough beads are collected, the Ice Cream Patch is obtained, opening up the Cocoa Station stage. This then opens up the Dark Manor stage.
Medal Bead Scores
- Bronze - 450 points
- Silver - 900 points
- Gold - 1350 points
- Patch - 1800 points
A perfect score in this stage is 4000 points.
- During the entire fight with Squashini, a crowd of Waddle Dees is watching the "show".
- Squashini's English name is possibly a pun on Harry Houdini, a famous American magician.
Flawless fight with Squashini.
Names in other languages