Also, it's WiKirby's 13th anniversary! Let's celebrate with some Car-Mouth Cake!
Please remember that WiKirby contains spoilers, which you read at your own risk! See our general disclaimer for details.
Pendulum is a yarn transformation that Kirby and Prince Fluff normally use in Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. To achieve pendulum form, Kirby and Prince Fluff must use their Yarn Whips to latch onto a certain button. When latched, Kirby or Prince Fluff will transform and begin swinging to and fro on the button. Swinging enables them to leap higher than normal. This is done by swinging to one side, releasing the Yarn Whip when the pendulum is at its maximum height, and jumping afterwards.
The Pendulum transformation is also useful in accessing areas of the course that are otherwise unreachable by jumping. Not all buttons are stationary, although certain flowers in Flower Fields will lift the dangling heroes, and some trees can be latched and shaken to drop beads.
Kirby's Epic Yarn
- North American manual (page 11): "You can also swing from certain buttons! Once you have attached your Yarn Whip to a button, press left or right on to swing. You can jump higher than normal if you release your whip and jump at the top of your swing."
- Official North American site: "Grabbing onto one of the many buttons littering Patch Land turns Kirby into a swinging pendulum, so he can shake down trees and things for Beads." 
Names in other languages
- ↑ Official North American website (French) [dead link]
- ↑ German manual (page 14)
- ↑ Official North American website (Spanish) [dead link]