- This article is about the Yarn Transformation from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. For the upgrade from Kirby Air Ride, see Patch. For other contexts, see Stone.
Weight (also known as 2 Ton Kirby) is a yarn transformation usable by both Kirby and Prince Fluff in Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. It is one of the only two transformations that is performed in midair, the other being parachute. It is very similar to the Stone ability from earlier Kirby games.
As directly stated by its name, Weight changes Kirby or Prince Fluff into the shape of a weight, making them heavier. The player can use the move at any time, by pressing down twice while in midair. Like the Stone ability, the weight can damage enemies by simply dropping onto them. The weight can easily crush Cloth Blocks, but unlike the Stone ability, Kirby reverts to normal within a few seconds after landing. Being a weight does not make Kirby and Prince Fluff invincible, which means that they still lose beads from hitting into certain enemies such as Gordos.
In Mysterious UFO and Moon Base, which are set in low gravity, the Weight transformation is mostly ineffective except for being an anchor for Kirby and Prince Fluff. When the gravity is low, the weight falls slower and cannot damage enemies or break blocks.
Kirby's Epic Yarn
- North American manual (page 10): "Transform into a weight and crush enemies or break blocks."
- Official North American site: "Transforming into 2 Ton Kirby is a great way to expedite any fall from great heights. He'll also take out baddies and certain blocks in his way."
Names in other languages
|French||Poids Kirby de 2 tonnes||2 Ton Kirby Weight|
|Spanish||Kirby Pesa||Weight Kirby|
- Kirby's Epic Yarn official mobile website (Wayback Machine)
- Official North American website [dead link] (French). While no working archive of the full Canadian French site exists, the French-language strings used by the website have been archived and includes the following text:
Poids Kirby de 2 tonnes
Se transformer en poids permet à Kirby d'accélérer sa chute. Kirby se débarrassera ainsi d'ennemis et de certains blocs sur son passage.
- Official North American website [dead link] (Spanish)