Metro on Ice
Metro on Ice is the second stage of Winter Horns in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby enters and explores a frozen train station, carefully navigating around freezing pools of water and pounding nails in using a Hammer. He also needs to dodge big falling icicles and move past shifting walls and crates.
There are three Capsules from Vol. 1 and one from Vol. 2 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of ten Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives.
This stage consists of three main areas, along with a short introductory area and a hidden side area accessible from the second main area.
In the first main area, Kirby will need to move across narrow and icy walkways over a big pool of freezing water as he makes his way through the main train tunnel. Along the way, he will need to battle many enemies, with an ambush appearing near the end of the path. From here, Kirby can acquire the Hammer ability and use it to clear out the remaining enemies and pound in some nails as he makes his way up the stairs on the other side.
In the second main area, Kirby walks along a pedestrian hallway, where he will need to dodge falling icicles and deal with hammer-throwing Mookies. Along the way, some nails in the wall can be pounded to reveal hidden areas, including a way to a side area where a Waddle Dee can be saved. The path eventually makes a turn toward the back, but another hidden passage can be found at this bend to obtain some Invincible Candy. At the end of the hall leading to the back is the way forward.
In the third and final main area, Kirby needs to contend with shifting walls and shipping crates as he deals with more enemies, including his first encounter in this world with Mumbies. Along the way, he can find a cone to use for Cone Mouth, which may be handy for uncovering more hidden passageways and items. At the end of this path, Kirby will need to head up one long flight of stairs to exit the metro station and rescue the Waddle Dees inside the gold cage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
Metro on Ice has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the four hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee is hidden under a floor that can be moved out of the way by hitting the four nails in each corner using Hammer.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee is hidden in the side room accessible from the second main area. Kirby needs to grab all five star pieces (one of which can be made to appear by hitting a nail, and another of which is inside a dome) to open the gate.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found near the end of the second main area, inside a treasure chest that can be reached by climbing the ladder guarded by a Balloon-Meister.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found high up near the end of the stage. To reach him, Kirby needs to obtain Cone Mouth then use it to break open a cracked surface in the ice in the area where the crates move in and out. From there, he needs to bust open a water pipe and ride the water up to get on top of the crates. From here, he can reach the Waddle Dee by following the movement of the crates outward.
- "Stand on top of 2 trains" - Kirby must find and stand on top of the two trains in the stage. Both of them can be found in the first main area along the freezing water path. The first one is on the right side, and the second is further down on the left side.
- "Find 2 secret passages" - Kirby must find and head through two hidden side passages in the stage. Both of these passages are found in the second main area. The first can be uncovered by hitting three nails on a wall to make the wall shift away. The second can be found at the bend further in, past a small street barrier and off to the right.
- "Check inside the shipping container" - Kirby must get inside one of the shipping containers. This can be found by heading right from where the fourth Waddle Dee is rescued, along the narrow walkway.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
- If Kirby brings Cone Mouth to the goal and uses it on a plate right to the gold cage, a lot of Star Coins will drop, including a Blue Star Coin.
Pounding some nails in using Toy Hammer
100% walkthrough of Metro on Ice.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Metro op het ijs||Metro on ice|
|French||Frissons dans le métro||Shivers in the subway|
|German||U-Bahnhof auf Eis||Subway station on Ice|
|Italian||Gelo in metropolitana||Frost on the subway|
|Spanish||Metro Congelado||Frozen Subway|