Windy, Freezing Seas
Windy, Freezing Seas is the third stage of Winter Horns in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In this stage, Kirby makes his way across a flooded portion of the ruins, jumping along rooftops and battling the harsh wind to avoid becoming a popsicle in the freezing water. Along the way, he can make use of several Mouthful Modes, most notably Boating Ring Mouth, to make his way through.
There are two Capsules from Vol. 1 and one from Vol. 2 to collect in this stage, and five missions to complete. There are a total of 11 Waddle Dees to rescue here, when including the mission objectives. The blueprint for Dragon Fire can be found here.
This stage is divided into three main areas, with one optional side area accessible from the third main area.
In the first area, Kirby needs to walk along a series of damaged frozen rooftops to avoid falling into to frigid waters below. As he does this, he will need to mind the continuous blowing wind and correct for that, particularly when battling enemies or using the Needle ability. The door to the next area can be found at the end of this winding path.
In the second area, Kirby can acquire Ring Mouth and then obtain a boat to traverse a long winding channel, ramming enemies along the way. The path forward can be found to the right, where Kirby will need to abandon both the boat and the ring before he can climb the ladder and reach a Warp Star.
In the third area, Kirby is pushed along by a continuous wind down a long narrow path with lots of potholes in the road. Along the way, Kirby can use the Fire ability to light some Lantern Switches to help guide him toward objectives. Halfway down the path, he can thaw out a scissor-lift, which he can then use to reach a treasure chest containing the blueprint for Dragon Fire. Further down the path, another scissor-lift is used to open the way to the gold cage at the end of the stage.
Differences between difficulties
There do not appear to be any differences in the number of enemies between Spring-Breeze Mode and Wild Mode.
Windy, Freezing Seas has five missions to complete, as follows:
- "Clear the stage" - Kirby must complete the stage.
- "Save the hidden Waddle Dees" - Kirby must find and rescue the five hidden Waddle Dees in silver cages. Their locations are as follows:
- Waddle Dee 1: This Waddle Dee is hidden behind a fragile wall in the first area. Kirby needs to locate and use a pipe for Pipe Mouth in order to crash in and save the Waddle Dee.
- Waddle Dee 2: This Waddle Dee is found underneath a walkway in the second area. To get in, Kirby needs to crash through a fragile wall using Boating-Ring Mouth.
- Waddle Dee 3: This Waddle Dee can be found at the end of the second area, behind some ice blocks in the wall around the corner. Kirby needs Fire or one of its variants to get in, which he can access via the Hot Heads up above.
- Waddle Dee 4: This Waddle Dee can be found in one of the holes along the path in the third area. Lighting the first Lantern Switch will lead Kirby to it.
- Waddle Dee 5: This Waddle Dee can be found in the third area. To reach him, Kirby needs to locate the "secret underground room" and then solve the fuse puzzle in there. The room can be found on the left side of the path, and lighting a Lantern Switch on the way will direct Kirby towards it.
- "Find a cave that's safe from the wind" - Kirby must locate a hidden grotto in the first area. It can be found just to the left of where the first Waddle Dee is located. To get in, Kirby needs to get a speed boost from something to battle the wind. Needle is the intended ability to use.
- "Enjoy 3 meals at sea" - Kirby must find and eat three food items while steering the boat using Ring Mouth. All three can be found floating in the air along the channel.
- "Jump into the secret underground room" - Kirby must find and enter the secret room at the bottom of a false bottomless pit in the third area. It can be found on the left side, and lighting a Lantern Switch on the way will direct Kirby towards it.
Enemies and Abilities
|Regular Enemies||Bosses & Mid-Bosses|
Bringing Volcano Fire to break out another Waddle Dee
100% walkthrough of Windy, Freezing Seas.
Names in other languages
Itetsuku Umi to Kaze to
|Freezing Seas and Wind|
Bīnglěng de Hǎi yǔ Fēng
|Icy Cold Seas and Wind|
Bīnglěng de Hǎi yǔ Fēng
|Dutch||IJswindzee||Ice wind sea|
|French||Mers glaciales dans la tempête||Freezing seas in the storm|
|German||Frostböenmeer||Frost gust sea|
|Italian||Acque tempestose||Stormy waters|
|Korean||얼어붙은 바다와 바람
Eoreobuteun Badawa Baram
|Frozen Seas and Wind|
|Spanish||Mar Tempestuoso||Stormy Sea|